Floating point in VHDL

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nirmala, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. Nirmala

    Nirmala

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Hi every body,

    i would like to use floating point in my design.
    when i go thru any paper ,i find
    library ieee_proposed;
    use ieee_proposed.math_utility_pkg.all;
    use ieee_proposed.fixed_pkg.all;

    can any one provide any information regarding ieee_proposed file...

    or

    i need to multiply and add two real numbers..plz help by provide me some information...

    thnx,
    Nirmala.:hello:
    Nirmala, Nov 11, 2006