    fail. several other programs fail on the same files. are these special
    format avi's or wmv's?
    , Jul 14, 2004

  2. Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote in news:cd4bfa$h6i$:

    > when using tmpgenc to convert avi's and wmv's to vcd-capable mpg's, i get
    > occasional floating point file errors in the conversions and they will
    > fail. several other programs fail on the same files. are these special
    > format avi's or wmv's?

    Floating point file errors, I have never heard of that. I have heard of
    floating point errors in a program trying to do some kind of math equation
    in a floating point calculation. It sounds like an unhandled program error
    in a badly written program. Maybe, you should get in touch with the maker
    of the product concerning the issue.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 14, 2004