    Tony

    "I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."

    Buzzcocks, 1976

    TonyAtRest, Jul 1, 2003

  2. TonyAtRest

    Zimmy Guest

    TonyAtRest wrote:
    > This is at K-Mart for $5.99. Anyone know if a new version is
    > imminent? Seems like this one was bare bones if I remember right.
    >
    > Tony
    >

    > "I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."
    >
    > Buzzcocks, 1976

    If that is the movie with Ben Stiller it had the dubious distiction of being
    on of the rare DVDs that had a DD5.1 track on the laserdisc but only DD2CH
    for DVD.

    I refused to buy it when it came out.

    Zimmy, Jul 1, 2003

  3. TonyAtRest

    Jon Bauer Guest

    It was also a slightly different version than the laserdisc. For some
    reason, they cut out one of the little "future" scenes at the end of the
    movie. The one with Tea Leoni pregnant and smoking...

    Love the movie, but won't buy that DVD.

    - Jon

    Jon Bauer, Jul 1, 2003
  4. I love that movie...shame that such a crummy version exists out there on
    DVD...

    Mort

    Mort and Pam Shuman, Jul 2, 2003
  5. TonyAtRest

    SDamien3 Guest

    >It was also a slightly different version than the laserdisc. For some
    >reason, they cut out one of the little "future" scenes at the end of the
    >movie. The one with Tea Leoni pregnant and smoking...

    Actually, TWO "future" scenes are missing from the DVD: the bit where pregnant
    Tea is smoking; and the bit with the two gay feds in bedtogther next to their
    newly-adopted baby.

    Great movie, disgraceful DVD.

    cheerios,
    Steven
    "The Han Solo I grew up with would never have let Greedo get the jump on him."

    SDamien3, Jul 2, 2003