    the bitrate it needs.

    Someone who owns or who has watched this DVD, please post the answer
    if you confirm if it's DVD-5 or DVD-9 format. Thanks!
    Jack, Nov 13, 2004

  2. "Jack" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was interested in buying Flight of the Phoenix (with Jimmy Stewart)
    > movie on DVD. Unfortunately some DVD reviews give contradictory
    > information, some saying it's single and others it's dual layer. For a
    > 149 minute movie, I want to make sure it's dual layer so that it gets
    > the bitrate it needs.
    >
    > Someone who owns or who has watched this DVD, please post the answer
    > if you confirm if it's DVD-5 or DVD-9 format. Thanks!

    While I can't confirm this ( it doesn't seem to be specified on the
    cover of the DVD )
    I can tell you that the transfer quality is very good.

    It's an excellent film, I doubt you'll be dissapointed if you buy it.

    Cheers

    Steven
    Steven Johansen, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Jack

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Steven Johansen" <> wrote in message
    >> Someone who owns or who has watched this DVD, please post the answer
    >> if you confirm if it's DVD-5 or DVD-9 format. Thanks!

    > While I can't confirm this ( it doesn't seem to be specified on the
    > cover of the DVD )

    If you look at the underside of the disc, the inner ring should have
    either one or two sets of bar coded serial numbers. If there are two,
    one on top of the other, it's a dual-layer disc.
    Joshua Zyber, Nov 13, 2004