Flight attendant has no sense of humor. Thank you Mr. Bush.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jan 9, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/08/oregon.unruly.passenger/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

    Passenger on hawaii bound plane first has words with a flight attendant
    about stowing his bag in the compartment. Shortly after he fills out a
    comment card, seals the envelope and hands it to the flight attendant.

    Nosy flight attendant decides to open the envelope and read the card.
    Hands card to pilot who decides to turn plane around.

    No sense of humor anywhere. Why? Because Mr. Bush believed every US citizen
    was a terrorist. On the heels of the failed so called bombing attempt on
    Christmas, the pilots are rightfully a little over reactive to such trivial
    matters.

    Not to mention that the plane got escorted by jet fighters back to
    portland. All because a nosy flight attendant opened a sealed envelope?

    Now the man is faced with bullshit charges of "disrupting the duties of a
    flight attendant".

    "So what are you in prison for?"
    "Writing a note."
    "Say what?"
    "I upset a flight attendant."
     
    richard, Jan 9, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. richard

    Buffalo Guest

    HEMI-Powered wrote:
    [snip]
    > In case you haven't heard, there was an election in Nov. 2008 and
    > we now have a Far Left Loon in the Black House who thinks he can
    > kiss the ass of our enemies and make them like us. You have to stop
    > blaming President Bush for the ills of the world and start blaming
    > Hussein. Not surprisingly, they still hate us but now see our own
    > Osama as weak. And, the current DHS and TSA rules are just as silly
    > and useless as the old ones. Yeah, there was "systemic failure" all
    > right, right in the CinC's office.


    What Bush and his Administration accomplished in 8 yrs will probably take
    20yrs to fix.
    Face the facts, (can't see the forest because of all the trees) Hemi.
    Buffalo
     
    Buffalo, Jan 9, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. richard <> via
    news:1xvgmep70ogk1$:

    > http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/08/oregon.unruly.passenger/index.html?e
    > ref=igoogle_cnn
    >
    > Passenger on hawaii bound plane first has words with a flight attendant
    > about stowing his bag in the compartment. Shortly after he fills out a
    > comment card, seals the envelope and hands it to the flight attendant.
    >
    > Nosy flight attendant decides to open the envelope and read the card.
    > Hands card to pilot who decides to turn plane around.
    >
    > No sense of humor anywhere. Why? Because Mr. Bush believed every US
    > citizen was a terrorist. On the heels of the failed so called bombing
    > attempt on Christmas, the pilots are rightfully a little over reactive
    > to such trivial matters.
    >
    > Not to mention that the plane got escorted by jet fighters back to
    > portland. All because a nosy flight attendant opened a sealed envelope?
    >
    > Now the man is faced with bullshit charges of "disrupting the duties of
    > a flight attendant".
    >
    > "So what are you in prison for?"
    > "Writing a note."
    > "Say what?"
    > "I upset a flight attendant."



    That's nothing! I had to submit to a strip-down/pat-down
    at DEN... (Denver International Airport) AFTER proceeding
    through the "RapiScan" (full body scanner they're trying out
    on some sort of demo-consignment-marketing program.

    The female TSA agents said they was truly a-sceered
    that I was "smuggling a snake on the mutherf#%king plane."

    Now, I'm on the "WHOAAAAA NO BULLSHIT" list.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

    I want that Negro-insurrectionist Obama to create
    a government agency to supervise petitions to the
    Indian Casinos for me, my family and my peoples to
    recover our rightly due and long withheld payments of
    'Western Pioneer Reparations' - this income-tax year!
    That would help the economy by keeping us from looting
    stores and burning down old people's houses in the "hood".

    You should not view the world in terms
    of things which you do - or do not - "like";
    rather, you should view the world in terms
    of how things "actually are", recognizing
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    This would immeasurably bring *much* more
    stability, peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
     
    Bucky Breeder, Jan 9, 2010
    #3
  4. richard

    POGO PUNY Guest

    In article <Xns9CFB5F9A39EF9BuckyGram@207.246.207.168>,
    Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote:

    > Now, I'm on the "RETARD" list.


    Sounds about right moron
     
    POGO PUNY, Jan 9, 2010
    #4
  5. POGO PUNY <> via his mommie's basement and
    the free but anonymous news.eternal-september.org
    (spam larts sent to the interwebz abusive staffs):

    > Bucky Breeder
    > <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    > via news:Xns9CFB5F9A39EF9BuckyGram@207.246.207.168:
    >
    >> richard <> via
    >> news:1xvgmep70ogk1$:
    >>
    >>> http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/08/oregon.unruly.passenger
    >>> /index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >>>
    >>> Passenger on hawaii bound plane first has words with
    >>> a flight attendant about stowing his bag in the
    >>> compartment. Shortly after he fills out a comment card,
    >>> seals the envelope and hands it to the flight attendant.
    >>>
    >>> Nosy flight attendant decides to open the envelope and
    >>> read the card. Hands card to pilot who decides to turn
    >>> plane around.
    >>>
    >>> No sense of humor anywhere. Why? Because Mr. Bush believed
    >>> every US citizen was a terrorist. On theheels of the failed
    >>> so called bombing attempt on Christmas, the pilots are
    >>> rightfully a little over reactive to such trivial matters.
    >>>
    >>> Not to mention that the plane got escorted by jet fighters
    >>> back to portland. All because a nosy flight attendant
    >>> opened a sealed envelope?
    >>>
    >>> Now the man is faced with bullshit charges of "disrupting
    >>> the duties of a flight attendant".
    >>>
    >>> "So what are you in prison for?"
    >>> "Writing a note."
    >>> "Say what?"
    >>> "I upset a flight attendant."

    >>
    >>
    >> That's nothing! I had to submit to a strip-down/pat-down
    >> at DEN... (Denver International Airport) AFTER proceeding
    >> through the "RapiScan" (full body scanner they're trying out
    >> on some sort of demo-consignment-marketing program).
    >>
    >> The female TSA agents said that they was truly a-sceered
    >> what I was "smuggling a snake on the mutherf#%king plane."
    >>
    >> Now, I'm on the "WHOAAAAA NO BULLSHIT" list.

    >
    >
    > I'm the queen of the geriatric-diapered-butt-rangers-bottom
    > list and I have to change my pooty-pants every half-hour
    > or I get another rash which might crash the planes.
    >



    Who cares, you disgusting worn-out mental-defective elder-tard?

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY'!

    I want that Negro-insurrectionist Obama to create
    a government agency to supervise petitions to the
    Indian Casinos for me, my family and my peoples to
    recover our rightly due and long withheld payments of
    'Western Pioneer Reparations' - this income-tax year!
    That would help the economy by keeping us from looting
    stores and burning down old people's houses in the "hood".

    You should not view the world in terms
    of things which you do - or do not - "like";
    rather, you should view the world in terms
    of how things "actually are", recognizing
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    This would immeasurably bring *much* more
    stability, peace and tranquility into your life.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
     
    Bucky Breeder, Jan 9, 2010
    #5
  6. richard

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:1xvgmep70ogk1$...
    > http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/08/oregon.unruly.passenger/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >
    > Passenger on hawaii bound plane first has words with a flight attendant
    > about stowing his bag in the compartment. Shortly after he fills out a
    > comment card, seals the envelope and hands it to the flight attendant.
    >
    > Nosy flight attendant decides to open the envelope and read the card.
    > Hands card to pilot who decides to turn plane around.
    >
    > No sense of humor anywhere. Why? Because Mr. Bush believed every US
    > citizen
    > was a terrorist. On the heels of the failed so called bombing attempt on
    > Christmas, the pilots are rightfully a little over reactive to such
    > trivial
    > matters.
    >
    > Not to mention that the plane got escorted by jet fighters back to
    > portland. All because a nosy flight attendant opened a sealed envelope?
    >
    > Now the man is faced with bullshit charges of "disrupting the duties of a
    > flight attendant".
    >
    > "So what are you in prison for?"
    > "Writing a note."
    > "Say what?"
    > "I upset a flight attendant."


    If you were the pilot what would you have done?
    Well?

    Mr Pounder
     
    Mr Pounder, Jan 9, 2010
    #6
  7. richard

    tom Guest

    "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote in message news:Xns9CFB79F20782FBuckyGram@207.246.207.167...
    > POGO PUNY <> via his mommie's basement and
    > the free but anonymous news.eternal-september.org
    > (spam larts sent to the interwebz abusive staffs):
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder
    >> <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    >> via news:Xns9CFB5F9A39EF9BuckyGram@207.246.207.168:
    >>
    >>> richard <> via
    >>> news:1xvgmep70ogk1$:
    >>>
    >>>> http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/08/oregon.unruly.passenger
    >>>> /index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >>>>
    >>>> Passenger on hawaii bound plane first has words with
    >>>> a flight attendant about stowing his bag in the
    >>>> compartment. Shortly after he fills out a comment card,
    >>>> seals the envelope and hands it to the flight attendant.
    >>>>
    >>>> Nosy flight attendant decides to open the envelope and
    >>>> read the card. Hands card to pilot who decides to turn
    >>>> plane around.
    >>>>
    >>>> No sense of humor anywhere. Why? Because Mr. Bush believed
    >>>> every US citizen was a terrorist.


    "19 terrorists in 6 weeks have been able to command 300 million North
    Americans to do away with the entirety of their civil liberties that took
    700 years to advance from the Magna Carta onward. The terrorists have
    already won the political and ideological war with one terrorist act. It is
    mindboggling that we are that weak as a society": Rocco Galati
     
    tom, Jan 9, 2010
    #7
  8. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:04:46 +0000, Mr Pounder wrote:

    >> "So what are you in prison for?"
    >> "Writing a note."
    >> "Say what?"
    >> "I upset a flight attendant."

    >
    > If you were the pilot what would you have done? Well?
    >
    > Mr Pounder


    I certainly wouldn't have over-reacted in the way the pilot and flight
    attendant would appear to have done in this case.



    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy
    The bulge was Algy
     
    Aardvark, Jan 9, 2010
    #8
  9. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 13:32:10 -0600, tom wrote:

    > "19 terrorists in 6 weeks have been able to command 300 million North
    > Americans to do away with the entirety of their civil liberties that
    > took 700 years to advance from the Magna Carta onward. The terrorists
    > have already won the political and ideological war with one terrorist
    > act. It is mindboggling that we are that weak as a society": Rocco
    > Galati


    Who's Rocco Galati? I'd like to shake his hand for speaking the most sense
    in a few words about the loss of freedoms in the US in anything I've read
    or heard in the last eight years.



    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy
    The bulge was Algy
     
    Aardvark, Jan 9, 2010
    #9
  10. richard

    tom Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    news:hiarr9$bng$-september.org...
    > On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 13:32:10 -0600, tom wrote:
    >
    >> "19 terrorists in 6 weeks have been able to command 300 million North
    >> Americans to do away with the entirety of their civil liberties that
    >> took 700 years to advance from the Magna Carta onward. The terrorists
    >> have already won the political and ideological war with one terrorist
    >> act. It is mindboggling that we are that weak as a society": Rocco
    >> Galati

    >
    > Who's Rocco Galati? I'd like to shake his hand for speaking the most sense
    > in a few words about the loss of freedoms in the US in anything I've read
    > or heard in the last eight years.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocco_Galati
     
    tom, Jan 9, 2010
    #10
  11. "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    news:hiaqhb$bng$-september.org...
    > On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:04:46 +0000, Mr Pounder wrote:
    >
    >>> "So what are you in prison for?"
    >>> "Writing a note."
    >>> "Say what?"
    >>> "I upset a flight attendant."

    >>
    >> If you were the pilot what would you have done? Well?
    >>
    >> Mr Pounder

    >
    > I certainly wouldn't have over-reacted in the way the pilot and flight
    > attendant would appear to have done in this case.
    >
    >
    >


    Maybe the pilot shoud avoid the drink and consequent hangovers in future.
     
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Jan 9, 2010
    #11
  12. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 16:12:07 -0600, tom wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > news:hiarr9$bng$-september.org...
    >> On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 13:32:10 -0600, tom wrote:
    >>
    >>> "19 terrorists in 6 weeks have been able to command 300 million North
    >>> Americans to do away with the entirety of their civil liberties that
    >>> took 700 years to advance from the Magna Carta onward. The terrorists
    >>> have already won the political and ideological war with one terrorist
    >>> act. It is mindboggling that we are that weak as a society": Rocco
    >>> Galati

    >>
    >> Who's Rocco Galati? I'd like to shake his hand for speaking the most
    >> sense in a few words about the loss of freedoms in the US in anything
    >> I've read or heard in the last eight years.

    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocco_Galati


    My question was somewhat rhetorical, but thanks for the info.



    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy
    The bulge was Algy
     
    Aardvark, Jan 9, 2010
    #12
  13. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in
    news:1xvgmep70ogk1$:

    > http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/08/oregon.unruly.passenger/index.html
    > ?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >
    > Passenger on hawaii bound plane first has words with a flight
    > attendant about stowing his bag in the compartment. Shortly after he
    > fills out a comment card, seals the envelope and hands it to the
    > flight attendant.
    >
    > Nosy flight attendant decides to open the envelope and read the card.
    > Hands card to pilot who decides to turn plane around.
    >
    > No sense of humor anywhere. Why? Because Mr. Bush believed every US
    > citizen was a terrorist. On the heels of the failed so called bombing
    > attempt on Christmas, the pilots are rightfully a little over reactive
    > to such trivial matters.
    >
    > Not to mention that the plane got escorted by jet fighters back to
    > portland. All because a nosy flight attendant opened a sealed
    > envelope?
    >
    > Now the man is faced with bullshit charges of "disrupting the duties
    > of a flight attendant".
    >
    > "So what are you in prison for?"
    > "Writing a note."
    > "Say what?"
    > "I upset a flight attendant."


    Try running into an airport terminal sometime and yell "bomb!". The only
    difference here is sublety. The fact that the message didn't actually
    make a threat means nothing. It was talking about threats. He's screwed
    and should be. I don't believe for a minute he was polite about the bag
    in the first place either.


    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
     
    chuckcar, Jan 10, 2010
    #13
  14. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Alec Lourmier <> wrote in
    news::

    > On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 03:16:32 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Try running into an airport terminal sometime and yell "bomb!". The
    >>only difference here is sublety. The fact that the message didn't
    >>actually make a threat means nothing. It was talking about threats.
    >>He's screwed and should be. I don't believe for a minute he was polite
    >>about the bag in the first place either.

    >
    > He didn't write about threats, he wrote about fears. The note did not
    > mention terrorism, bombing, hijacking, or anything related. It
    > mentioned his fear of the plane going down. That could mean engine
    > failure, pilot ****-up, airplane gremlins
    > (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xqrdtJs8w), or indeed terrorism.
    >
    > If one were to write on a comment card "I had persistent fears of the
    > plane going down throughout the duration of the flight"


    The meaning there is clearly different. There's no comparison between
    the two. Since 911, Threats are *not* what they only look for, they look
    for people who are likely to do such things. He fit the bill. Granted,
    he may not be convicted of anything, but I can pretty much guarantee
    that he won't be able to fly again for a long time.

    > (note similar
    > use of past tense), do you think it would be taken as a threat? It's
    > ultimately the same-- albeit less detailed-- and it's not indicative
    > of any potential danger to the flight. His addition of references to
    > sharks, headhunters, and Gilligan's Island certainly doesn't make it
    > so.
    >

    You're missing the subtlety of how it can be misinterpreted. Anything
    that can be misinterpreted along the same lines must be taken as a
    possibility of a threat. Anything less is too dangerous.


    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
     
    chuckcar, Jan 10, 2010
    #14
  15. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    Alec Lourmier <> wrote in
    news::

    > On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:56:26 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> If one were to write on a comment card "I had persistent fears of
    >>> the plane going down throughout the duration of the flight"

    >>
    >>The meaning there is clearly different. There's no comparison between
    >>the two. Since 911, Threats are *not* what they only look for, they
    >>look for people who are likely to do such things. He fit the bill.
    >>Granted, he may not be convicted of anything, but I can pretty much
    >>guarantee that he won't be able to fly again for a long time.

    >
    > I understand the reasoning behind your argument, but I can't agree
    > with it. In that case, would "I had persistent visions of the plane
    > going down throughout the duration of the flight" be grounds for
    > labeling the person "likely to do such things"? It's a bit of a fine
    > line, no?
    >
    > In your opinion, where exactly is the threshold that makes you believe
    > he could have been a potential threat?
    >

    Well, he's going to be a person of interest. Beyond that I retract that
    he'd actually be charged - subject to some very wierd laws I've heard
    about south of the border. As far as him being a person they're going to
    keep an eye on, someone stupid enough to write such things - out of
    obvious rage - is someone who's not going to have much self control
    about such things. Take that where you want.

    >>> (note similar
    >>> use of past tense), do you think it would be taken as a threat? It's
    >>> ultimately the same-- albeit less detailed-- and it's not indicative
    >>> of any potential danger to the flight. His addition of references to
    >>> sharks, headhunters, and Gilligan's Island certainly doesn't make it
    >>> so.
    >>>

    >>You're missing the subtlety of how it can be misinterpreted. Anything
    >>that can be misinterpreted along the same lines must be taken as a
    >>possibility of a threat. Anything less is too dangerous.

    >
    > You're missing the meaning of terrorism in general. Terrorism involves
    > generating stress, fear, and paranoia just as much as it does the
    > actual hostile action itself. In that sense, overreaction like this
    > only serves to solidify its effect on America.
    >

    That's the reaction to an actual act. However catching someone *before*
    they have to opportunity naturally has the opposite effect, esp. if the
    general public doesn't know about it. BTW the US is not unique in this
    (nor is it properly called "America" either BTW), so referring only to
    the US state of such things is myoptic and misleading IMHO.

    > Sure, increase the security of airports-- one can't expect to be able
    > to shout "bomb" in an airport any more than "fire" in a movie theater,
    > and response to such actions can't be considered a violation of
    > anyone's right to free speech. But this was neither a threat nor a
    > suggestion of one, and amounts to nothing more than closing the barn
    > door (you know the rest).
    >
    > Besides, it was handed to the flight attendant in a *sealed* envelope
    > that's supposed to ultimately arrive at a customer service rep's desk
    > long after the flight is over. I'm certain even the dumbest
    > plane-bomber would realize it's not the most effective way of
    > delivering a threat, if he/she *really* wanted to have it read.
    >

    And if there had been an act by that person, what would you say after
    the fact? Look the attendant may have over reacted a touch, but she's
    probably told to do it with every suggestion. She may get a talk to
    about the fact that it related to her directly, but she also may have
    been told to do exactly what she did by her bosses.

    What bugs me is these signs popping up saying that <insert name here>
    will not tolerate people raising their voice in any situation. It's a
    lawsuit waiting to happen, and a big one at that.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
     
    chuckcar, Jan 11, 2010
    #15
  16. richard

    Jordon Guest

    Mr Pounder wrote:
    > "richard"<> wrote in message
    > news:1xvgmep70ogk1$...
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/08/oregon.unruly.passenger/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
    >>
    >> Passenger on hawaii bound plane first has words with a flight attendant
    >> about stowing his bag in the compartment. Shortly after he fills out a
    >> comment card, seals the envelope and hands it to the flight attendant.
    >>
    >> Nosy flight attendant decides to open the envelope and read the card.
    >> Hands card to pilot who decides to turn plane around.
    >>
    >> No sense of humor anywhere. Why? Because Mr. Bush believed every US
    >> citizen
    >> was a terrorist. On the heels of the failed so called bombing attempt on
    >> Christmas, the pilots are rightfully a little over reactive to such
    >> trivial
    >> matters.
    >>
    >> Not to mention that the plane got escorted by jet fighters back to
    >> portland. All because a nosy flight attendant opened a sealed envelope?
    >>
    >> Now the man is faced with bullshit charges of "disrupting the duties of a
    >> flight attendant".
    >>
    >> "So what are you in prison for?"
    >> "Writing a note."
    >> "Say what?"
    >> "I upset a flight attendant."

    >
    > If you were the pilot what would you have done?
    > Well?


    Crash the plane.

    --
    Jordon
     
    Jordon, Jan 11, 2010
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. mytho

    Thank You CJ, Thank Mike!

    mytho, Nov 22, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    553
    gangle
    Nov 23, 2003
  2. Roger Halstead

    A Cat with a Sense of Humor

    Roger Halstead, Jul 11, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    823
    Roger Halstead
    Jul 14, 2003
  3. Thor

    one of the MS robots has a sense of humor

    Thor, Dec 1, 2003, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    668
  4. Mark²
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    373
  5. richard
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    671
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty
    Dec 25, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page