flickr url -> flickr account

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sobriquet, Dec 14, 2009.

  1. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    sobriquet, Dec 14, 2009

  2. sobriquet

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Dec 14, 3:58 pm, sobriquet <> wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > Does anyone know a way to obtain a link to the photo as it is visible
    > on people's flickr account, given a link to an individual photo as
    > hosted by flickr?
    >
    > E.g., when given url 1, is there an easy way to obtain url 2?
    >
    > url 1 =http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2849562002_d592bca1d3_b.jpg
    > url 2 =http://www.flickr.com/photos/thcganja/2849562002/sizes/l/

    I don't think there is an easy way to do this. And I sort of hope
    not. I think this was the intention of Flickr in offering a static
    url option: It allows you to link to a specific image without having
    to potentially share all of your Flickr content. I think it is a Good
    Thing.

    "THCganja". From the Netherlands, no less.

    Sheesh!

    --
    YOP...
    Nervous Nick, Dec 14, 2009

  3. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 14 dec, 23:52, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 3:58 pm, sobriquet <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi.

    > > Does anyone know a way to obtain a link to the photo as it is visible
    > > on people's flickr account, given a link to an individual photo as
    > > hosted by flickr?

    > > E.g., when given url 1, is there an easy way to obtain url 2?

    > > url 1 =http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2849562002_d592bca1d3_b.jpg
    > > url 2 =http://www.flickr.com/photos/thcganja/2849562002/sizes/l/

    > I don't think there is an easy way to do this. And I sort of hope
    > not. I think this was the intention of Flickr in offering a static
    > url option: It allows you to link to a specific image without having
    > to potentially share all of your Flickr content. I think it is a Good
    > Thing.
    >
    > "THCganja". From the Netherlands, no less.
    >
    > Sheesh!
    >
    > --
    > YOP...

    I remember a while ago there was a similar situation and I simply
    emailed the company hosting the picture and they were happy to provide
    a url to the associated account.
    But perhaps flickr has indeed intentionally 'cloaked' the urls to
    images to dissociate them from their accounts.

    http://www.flickr.com/services/api/misc.urls.html
    sobriquet, Dec 14, 2009
  4. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 15 dec, 00:22, sobriquet <> wrote:
    > On 14 dec, 23:52, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Dec 14, 3:58 pm, sobriquet <> wrote:

    > > > Hi.

    > > > Does anyone know a way to obtain a link to the photo as it is visible
    > > > on people's flickr account, given a link to an individual photo as
    > > > hosted by flickr?

    > > > E.g., when given url 1, is there an easy way to obtain url 2?

    > > > url 1 =http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2849562002_d592bca1d3_b.jpg
    > > > url 2 =http://www.flickr.com/photos/thcganja/2849562002/sizes/l/

    > > I don't think there is an easy way to do this.  And I sort of hope
    > > not.  I think this was the intention of Flickr in offering a static
    > > url option:  It allows you to link to a specific image without having
    > > to potentially share all of your Flickr content.  I think it is a Good
    > > Thing.

    > > "THCganja".   From the Netherlands, no less.

    > > Sheesh!

    > > --
    > > YOP...

    > I remember a while ago there was a similar situation and I simply
    > emailed the company hosting the picture and they were happy to provide
    > a url to the associated account.
    > But perhaps flickr has indeed intentionally 'cloaked' the urls to
    > images to dissociate them from their accounts.
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/services/api/misc.urls.html- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

    Oh I think there is a solution:

    http://tinyurl.com/3m5x56

    http://www.bram.us/2008/01/12/my-pr...-url-and-user-from-a-static-flickr-image-url/
    sobriquet, Dec 14, 2009
  5. sobriquet

    DanP Guest

    On Dec 14, 9:58 pm, sobriquet <> wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > Does anyone know a way to obtain a link to the photo as it is visible
    > on people's flickr account, given a link to an individual photo as
    > hosted by flickr?
    >
    > E.g., when given url 1, is there an easy way to obtain url 2?
    >
    > url 1 =http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2849562002_d592bca1d3_b.jpg
    > url 2 =http://www.flickr.com/photos/thcganja/2849562002/sizes/l/
    >
    > greetings and thanks in advance for any suggestions

    Try searching the first part of the name up to underscore in flickr
    site ie fill in the search box "2849562002 site:www.flickr.com".

    DanP
    DanP, Dec 17, 2009
  6. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 17 dec, 14:19, DanP <> wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 9:58 pm, sobriquet <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi.

    > > Does anyone know a way to obtain a link to the photo as it is visible
    > > on people's flickr account, given a link to an individual photo as
    > > hosted by flickr?

    > > E.g., when given url 1, is there an easy way to obtain url 2?

    > > url 1 =http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2849562002_d592bca1d3_b.jpg
    > > url 2 =http://www.flickr.com/photos/thcganja/2849562002/sizes/l/

    > > greetings and thanks in advance for any suggestions

    > Try searching the first part of the name up to underscore in flickr
    > site ie fill in the search box "2849562002 site:www.flickr.com".
    >
    > DanP

    It doesn't seem to work that way.
    E.g. when I search for "4182025052 site:www.flickr.com", I get no
    search results whatsoever.

    So that method seems to fail when trying to obtain a link to the
    account associated with the following picture:

    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2611/4182025052_79e3b1fd06_b.jpg
    sobriquet, Dec 17, 2009