    Since my DVD player can't write onto the DVD, how does it know
    when the 48 hours starts?

    Dick
    Dick Adams, Mar 25, 2009

  2. Dick Adams

    Guest

    On Mar 24, 10:10 pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
    > These are DVD's with 48 hours usage and a month/year expiration date.
    >
    > Since my DVD player can't write onto the DVD, how does it know
    > when the 48 hours starts?

    The player doesn't know anything. The FlexPlay disc is chemically
    rigged to become opaque to DVD lasers after 48 hours of contact with
    air. Once the reaction passes a certain point, your movie becomes a
    useless ring of plastic.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    , Mar 25, 2009

  3. Dick Adams

    Dick Adams Guest

    <> wrote:
    > (Dick Adams) wrote:

    >> These are DVD's with 48 hours usage and a month/year expiration date.
    >>
    >> Since my DVD player can't write onto the DVD, how does it know
    >> when the 48 hours starts?

    > The player doesn't know anything. The FlexPlay disc is chemically
    > rigged to become opaque to DVD lasers after 48 hours of contact with
    > air. Once the reaction passes a certain point, your movie becomes a
    > useless ring of plastic.

    Ergo, they can be copied.
    Dick Adams, Mar 25, 2009
  4. Dick Adams

    Guest

    On Mar 25, 12:26 am, (Dick Adams) wrote:
    > >> Since my DVD player can't write onto the DVD, how does it know
    > >> when the 48 hours starts?

    > > The player doesn't know anything. The FlexPlay disc is chemically
    > > rigged to become opaque to DVD lasers after 48 hours of contact with
    > > air. Once the reaction passes a certain point, your movie becomes a
    > > useless ring of plastic.

    > Ergo, they can be copied.

    Correct! :)

    --