Flaws in most DVD Drives..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Robin Wheeler, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. Robin Wheeler, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Robin Wheeler

    L33T Guest

    hi woger

    good heavens woger, your posts have almost turn coherent today ! what's up,
    new medication ?

    L33T, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Robin Wheeler

    Chris Guest

    Robin Wheeler <> wrote in

    > Seems like most DVD Drives can't read Valid Data and report it as a
    > Flaw..
    >

    > http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/magia-chisel/index.html
    >

    > Seems from this article that most drives need a Firmware update, as
    > some 2/3 of drives failed.

    Have you tested this yourself, if not shut up..

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Robin Wheeler

    A Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:25:13 +1300, Robin Wheeler
    <> wrote:

    >Seems like most DVD Drives can't read Valid Data and report it as a Flaw..
    >

    >http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/magia-chisel/index.html
    >

    >Seems from this article that most drives need a Firmware update, as some 2/3
    >of drives failed.

    Another Woger alias? I must be hanging out here too long - I spotted
    this one just from the subject line.

    A, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Robin Wheeler

    Peter S Guest

    "Robin Wheeler" <> wrote in message

    > Seems like most DVD Drives can't read Valid Data and report it as a

    Flaw..

    > http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/magia-chisel/index.html
    >

    > Seems from this article that most drives need a Firmware update, as some

    2/3
    > of drives failed.

    Quite interesting.. Seems to me that this could be used in a form of
    protection scheme.

    For instance, I've often wondered if a certain pattern of bytes in an MP3
    file would render it unplayable, and whether recording a song that produced
    this set of bytes when digitised would be feasible.

    I'd thought such things were ironed out long ago or the algorithms were
    solid enough, but obviously not.

    Pete.

    Peter S, Feb 9, 2004