    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5278_5001.jpg>

    --
    PeterN
    peternew, Jun 23, 2013

  2. peternew

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 12:39:27 -0400, peternew <>
    wrote:

    >these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor shadow &
    >contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
    >they have not yet been named:
    >
    ><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>
    >
    ><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5121_4844.jpg>
    >
    >One for the Duck:
    ><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5157_4880.jpg>
    >
    >Tony Cooper might have taken these:
    ><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5198_4921.jpg>
    >
    ><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5278_5001.jpg>

    An event like that is like an Open House in a candy store for me.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Jun 23, 2013

  3. peternew wrote:
    > these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor
    > shadow & contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
    > they have not yet been named:
    >
    > <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>

    If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
    manage to survive in the sunlight?

    David Hare-Scott, Jun 24, 2013
  4. peternew

    peternew Guest

    On 6/24/2013 9:27 AM, George Kerby wrote:

    > On 6/23/13 6:59 PM, in article kq824u$pva$, "David
    > Hare-Scott" <> wrote:
    >
    >> peternew wrote:
    >>> these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor
    >>> shadow & contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
    >>> they have not yet been named:
    >>>
    >>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>
    >>>

    >> If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
    >> manage to survive in the sunlight?

    > She can have her way with ME...

    She was under an umbrella

    --
    PeterN
    peternew, Jun 24, 2013
  5. David Hare-Scott <> wrote:
    > peternew wrote:
    >> these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor
    >> shadow & contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
    >> they have not yet been named:

    >> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>

    > If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
    > manage to survive in the sunlight?

    By far not all tales agree that sunlight harms vampires.
    They're just more nocturnal than humans.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jun 27, 2013
  6. peternew

    Sandman Guest

    In article <>,
    Wolfgang Weisselberg <> wrote:

    > David Hare-Scott <> wrote:
    > > peternew wrote:
    > >> these images are some random shots: Except for cropping, minor
    > >> shadow & contrast adjustments, they are straight out of the camera.
    > >> they have not yet been named:

    > >> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5115_4839.jpg>

    > > If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
    > > manage to survive in the sunlight?

    > By far not all tales agree that sunlight harms vampires.
    > They're just more nocturnal than humans.

    The folkloric vampire had no expressed weakness towards sunlight, as you
    say. Sunlight as a weakness was established with the fictional vampire
    in the 19th century where Bram Stokers Count Dracula had both fangs and
    an aversion to sunlight. Depictions of this in Nosferatu, however, put
    the fangs on the upper middle teeth, much like that of a rodent, while
    more modern culture (popularized and described by Ann Rice) puts the
    fangs on the third or sometimes second teeth pair, more resembling the
    canine or feline fangs (which, incidentally, is commonly the fourth
    teeth pair, but canine/feline have smaller front teeth as well).

    Vampires is of great interest to me :)

    (dentistry is not, and my English orthodontic vocabulary is rather
    limited :)

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, Jun 28, 2013
  7. peternew

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > In article <>,
    > Wolfgang Weisselberg <> wrote:
    >
    > > David Hare-Scott <> wrote:

    > > > If you didn't photshop her teeth then how does the subject of DSC5115_4839
    > > > manage to survive in the sunlight?

    > > By far not all tales agree that sunlight harms vampires.
    > > They're just more nocturnal than humans.

    > The folkloric vampire had no expressed weakness towards sunlight, as you
    > say. Sunlight as a weakness was established with the fictional vampire
    > in the 19th century where Bram Stokers Count Dracula had both fangs and
    > an aversion to sunlight. Depictions of this in Nosferatu, however, put
    > the fangs on the upper middle teeth, much like that of a rodent, while
    > more modern culture (popularized and described by Ann Rice) puts the
    > fangs on the third or sometimes second teeth pair, more resembling the
    > canine or feline fangs (which, incidentally, is commonly the fourth
    > teeth pair, but canine/feline have smaller front teeth as well).
    >
    > Vampires is of great interest to me :)
    >
    > (dentistry is not, and my English orthodontic vocabulary is rather
    > limited :)

    Then there's Twilight, where vampires aren't harmed by daylight, it just
    makes them sparkle.

    Although I do like the Buffyverse vampires--Spike driving around in a
    car with blacked-out windows peering through a little slit to see the
    road for example.
    J. Clarke, Jun 28, 2013
  8. peternew

    Sandman Guest

    In article <>,
    "J. Clarke" <> wrote:

    > > > By far not all tales agree that sunlight harms vampires.
    > > > They're just more nocturnal than humans.

    > > The folkloric vampire had no expressed weakness towards sunlight, as you
    > > say. Sunlight as a weakness was established with the fictional vampire
    > > in the 19th century where Bram Stokers Count Dracula had both fangs and
    > > an aversion to sunlight. Depictions of this in Nosferatu, however, put
    > > the fangs on the upper middle teeth, much like that of a rodent, while
    > > more modern culture (popularized and described by Ann Rice) puts the
    > > fangs on the third or sometimes second teeth pair, more resembling the
    > > canine or feline fangs (which, incidentally, is commonly the fourth
    > > teeth pair, but canine/feline have smaller front teeth as well).
    > >
    > > Vampires is of great interest to me :)
    > >
    > > (dentistry is not, and my English orthodontic vocabulary is rather
    > > limited :)

    > Then there's Twilight, where vampires aren't harmed by daylight, it just
    > makes them sparkle.

    Indeed. I am a bit torn on that subject. On one hand, I respect artistic
    freedom and reject the "one way is the right way" of thinking, but on
    the other hand I think that one need to respect some basic rules when
    using a specific term. I.e. I would feel the same if an author said that
    someone was a were-wolf and manifested that by turning into a kitten
    every thursday :)

    Plus, both the books and the movies are really bad, so my level of
    acceptance towards their digressions is low to begin with. :)

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, Jun 28, 2013