    do not get scratched up?

    --
    "It said it needed Windows98 or better installed, so I installed Linux."

    Beowulf, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Beowulf

    ColynG© Guest

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:02:52 -0500, Beowulf <>
    wrote:

    >I need to have 30-50 or so film negatives scanned at hires so I can clean
    >them up and use them digitally. Local filmshop will do it for $7 per
    >negative. Doing the math, it seems to make more sense to me to just buy a
    >scanner and do it myself. I see brands at Best Buy and such that can do
    >it with an attached negative or slide scanner -- can they really do a good
    >job, and will my negs be safe being scanned by those (looks like you slide
    >a film strip into a wand type handheld scanning attachment) so that they
    >do not get scratched up?

    I have an Epson Perfection 1660 photo with neg and transparency
    holder. It does a pretty good job of scanning both.

    Colyn Goodson

    email hidden

    http://www.colyngoodson.com

    ColynG©, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Beowulf wrote:

    > I need to have 30-50 or so film negatives scanned at hires so I can clean
    > them up and use them digitally. Local filmshop will do it for $7 per
    > negative. Doing the math, it seems to make more sense to me to just buy a
    > scanner and do it myself. I see brands at Best Buy and such that can do
    > it with an attached negative or slide scanner -- can they really do a good
    > job, and will my negs be safe being scanned by those (looks like you slide
    > a film strip into a wand type handheld scanning attachment) so that they
    > do not get scratched up?

    Get either a dedicated film scanner or the latest and greatest Epson
    flatbed with film holder. Mine is a 3200 Photo, and it is terrific.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 9, 2004

    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 10, 2004

    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Beowulf

    Bob Williams Guest

    I am considering the Epson 3200 Photo Scanner.
    I'd like to know how long it takes to scan a slide at maximum
    resolution. Could you please give me an estimate of this time.
    How many 35MM slides (2x2)will the 3200 accommodate at one time?
    If it can scan, say 6 slides at once, will the scan time be about 6x as
    long as for a single scan?....Shorter?...Longer?
    Thanks .....Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Beowulf

    Chris Street Guest

    I'm heard about the new Plustek OpticFilm 7200 dedicated film scanner.
    It scans at 7200dpi (true optical resolution). Has anyone used it and
    with results for 35mm negs? http://tinyurl.com/4a3h2

    Chris Street

    Chris Street, Sep 1, 2004
  8. "Chris Street" <> wrote in message
    > I'm heard about the new Plustek OpticFilm 7200 dedicated film

    scanner.
    > It scans at 7200dpi (true optical resolution). Has anyone used it

    and
    > with results for 35mm negs? http://tinyurl.com/4a3h2

    According to http://www.filmscanner.info/PlustekOpticFilm7200.html the
    tested resolution doesn't exceed 2900 ppi. It looks like Plustek are
    lying about the true specs.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Sep 1, 2004