Flat screen vs Emac screen vs $300 crt for photoshop use

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by zjunglejim, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. zjunglejim

    zjunglejim Guest

    I am considering upgrading from a rev c Imac and a TI powerbook. I am
    looking for something inexpensive to use with photoshop. I realize the
    speed advantages of Powermacs esp the g5 but I am not willing to invest
    that much at this time. I do run Photoshop on my 400 mhz Powerbook and I
    can live with the speed if necessary.

    The new emac price with a 1 ghz 17" screen with super drive with added
    memory 512 module at about 1200 complete is within my budget.

    My question is the color manipulation quality of the screen in
    comparison to a 15" Imac flat screen and the possibility of adding a
    $300 17" crt to my powerbook.

    I presently do not have the ability to burn CDs at home though at work I
    can burn cd and dvds.

    Jim

    zjunglejim, Nov 4, 2003