flask like program for Mandrake? or Drip problem.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by cowboyzlinux, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. cowboyzlinux

    cowboyzlinux Guest

    Has anyone used FlaskMpeg under windows?

    Well I would like the same thing under Mandrake.

    For those who haven't used it it is simply a mpeg convertor. for vob -
    divx . (and whatever else you want to do but thats what I use it for)
    alt.os.linux,nz.comp
    I have tried dvdrip and that has something weird going on with it.

    also tried drip but that gives the following error.

    [cowboyflhost cowboyz]$ drip
    Activated log handler and created log file /home/cowboyz/.drip/drip.log
    <init> : Avifile RELEASE-0.7.38-030711-10:22-gcc version 3.2.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.1 3.2.2-3mdk)
    <init> : Available CPU flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
    <init> : 1733.45 MHz AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+ processor detected
    <codec keeper> : Found 9 plugins (/usr/lib/avifile-0.7,A:26,V:26)
    (null): Cannot open `/dev//ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/cd'. No medium found.
    /home/cowboyz//VTS_02_4.VOB should be encoded
    No accelerated IMDCT transform found
    No accelerated IMDCT transform found
    frame rate for audio: 16000
    <Lame MP3 encoder> : Setting bit rate to 16000 (128kbps)

    Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x2f24)!

    what does this error mean? Am I missing something that I need installed?

    I went to a site that recommended drip be run under gnome but it gives the
    same error. Running KDE 3.1 BTW.

    cowboyzlinux, Jul 18, 2003

  2. cowboyzlinux

    Sentry Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:16:20 +1200, cowboyzlinux wrote:

    > Has anyone used FlaskMpeg under windows?
    >
    > Well I would like the same thing under Mandrake.
    >
    > For those who haven't used it it is simply a mpeg convertor. for vob -
    > divx . (and whatever else you want to do but thats what I use it for)
    > alt.os.linux,nz.comp
    > I have tried dvdrip and that has something weird going on with it.

    What sort of problem, I have installed it from the plf urpmi resource
    (plf.zarb.org) with no problems, and have easily created 2 X CD XVID file.

    Have you installed libdvdread from plf? (or some other similar package name,
    sorry can't recall the name at the moment), as Mandrake don't distribute
    software that can decrypt DVD's

    Sentry, Jul 18, 2003

  3. cowboyzlinux

    cowboyzlinux Guest

    >> alt.os.linux,nz.comp
    >> I have tried dvdrip and that has something weird going on with it.
    >>

    > What sort of problem, I have installed it from the plf urpmi resource
    > (plf.zarb.org) with no problems, and have easily created 2 X CD XVID file.
    >
    > Have you installed libdvdread from plf? (or some other similar package name,
    > sorry can't recall the name at the moment), as Mandrake don't distribute
    > software that can decrypt DVD's

    I do not have the DVDs. I have the 'macrovision removed' vob files.
    Dvdrip will not let me choose a file off the hard drive to encode.

    yes I have installed libdvdread from plf along with every
    encoder/decoder/codec I could find. I am just running in circles getting
    lost now cause I don't know what is in the system and what is not.

    Do you know if you can list programs installed?

    cowboyzlinux, Jul 18, 2003
  4. cowboyzlinux

    Sentry Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:34:25 +1200, cowboyzlinux wrote:

    > Do you know if you can list programs installed?

    rpm -qa

    or if you want something gui based try

    rpmdrake-remove

    Sentry, Jul 18, 2003
  5. cowboyzlinux

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from cowboyzlinux of Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:34 :

    > Do you know if you can list programs installed?

    no, no, no, this is Linux.
    The question is not "if", the question is "how".

    There are many ways to show what is installed on your system.

    For example, if you use the rpm package manager (like Mandrake does), you
    can do
    rpm -qa
    or
    rpm -qa | grep -i dvd
    to list packagees with dvd in the name.

    Or, use locate (which finds files for you) like
    locate dvd | grep bin
    using grep to filter out only those files with bin in the path.
    (To use locate, you have to first run updatedb as root to build the file
    index. Often this is set up as a cron job.)

    Or, check out the find command.

    There's probably other cool ways to do it too.

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Jul 18, 2003