    http://www.ecr6.ohio-state.edu/~davism/ | The Ohio State University
    | 197 Watts, (614) 292-6928
    ** E-mail is the best way to contact me **

    Michael T. Davis, Feb 21, 2011

  2. -state.edu (Michael T. Davis) writes:
    > An old Cisco 2924XL-EN switch recently failed here on me. Upon
    >applying power, all the LEDs (for both switch status and port status) flash on
    >and off simultaneously, over and over again. This happens almost immediately;
    >the console doesn't show anything. I couldn't find anything via Google
    >describing this behavior. Does anyone know what this indicates (aside from,
    >"get a new switch" ;-)?

    Get a new switch. :)

    It means that boot flash or RAM is bad, and both are soldered onto the
    motherboard for that model.

    Doug McIntyre, Feb 21, 2011

  3. In article <4d62e931$0$87581$>, Doug McIntyre
    <> writes:

    >-state.edu (Michael T. Davis) writes:
    >> An old Cisco 2924XL-EN switch recently failed here on me. Upon
    >>applying power, all the LEDs (for both switch status and port status) flash

    > on
    >>and off simultaneously, over and over again. This happens almost

    > immediately;
    >>the console doesn't show anything. I couldn't find anything via Google
    >>describing this behavior. Does anyone know what this indicates (aside from,
    >>"get a new switch" ;-)?

    >Get a new switch. :)
    >
    >It means that boot flash or RAM is bad, and both are soldered onto the
    >motherboard for that model.

    Thanks for the information. Is this documented authoritatively
    somewhere accessible (online)?

    Regards,
    Mike
    --
    | Manager for Networking, Admin.
    Michael T. Davis (Mike) | & Research Computing: CBE/MSE

    Michael T. Davis, Feb 22, 2011
  4. -state.edu (Michael T. Davis) writes:
    > Thanks for the information. Is this documented authoritatively
    >somewhere accessible (online)?

    No, just experience with piles and piles of the things.
    They seemed to be suspectable to ESD too easily in my view.
    I replaced many while they were still current.

    Doug McIntyre, Feb 23, 2011