    reinstalling the Flashgot extension but still get the same error message.
    All other functions of Firefox seem to work ok and the .

    Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem ?????

    L A Roth, Jan 19, 2006

  2. L A Roth

    gwtc Guest

    L A Roth wrote:

    > I have bee using Firefox for about 6 months without any problems.
    >
    > Following a recent malware infection (that I have now cleared) I get the
    > following error message in flashgot when I select either "flashgot link" or
    > "flashgot all" I get a message:- "flashgot error - Download manager not
    > properly installed - incorrect function"and the doenload panel does not open
    > up. The "save link As" option works ok.
    >
    > I have uninstalled the Flashgot extention and reinstalled it and I still get
    > the same message.
    >
    > I have Also tried uninstalling Firefox, then reinstalling it and then
    > reinstalling the Flashgot extension but still get the same error message.
    > All other functions of Firefox seem to work ok and the .
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem ?????

    stop unintalling and reinstalling the program. The problem is within
    your profile. Your profile contains all your settings, prefs,
    passwords, bookmarks, etc. When you uninstall, all you're doing is
    removing the program, not the profile. As your profile is located
    separate from the program directory.

    You can get more info on flashgot here: http://flashgot.net/faq

    Plus there is a flashgot forum here: http://flashgot.net/forum. Maybe
    they can help you there more than we can here.

    gwtc, Jan 19, 2006