    Did I just **** up the card or what? Can I undo what I did? I did
    backup the card's bios before flashing it.

    argh!!! and yes I confirmed my card has the r360 core.
    jeff, Oct 14, 2005

  2. jeff

    dgo Guest

    Sounds like a bad flash. Do you have a spare PCI graphics card? if so, set
    BIOS to boot from the PCI card and try reflashing the 9800pro again.

    dgo, Oct 14, 2005

  3. jeff

    dgo Guest

    Then again if the BIOS is set to boot from AGP first you'll need to either
    use the clear CMOS jumper or take the battery out for a few minutes.

    dgo, Oct 14, 2005
  4. jeff

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:58:40 GMT, jeff wrote:

    >I flashed my 9800pro AIW with a 9800XT bios , per the guides floating
    >around. After doing so my PC won't boot now, no beep, no nothing.
    >Popped the card out and the computer boots with a couple long beeps,
    >prob telling me there's no video.
    >
    >Did I just **** up the card or what? Can I undo what I did? I did
    >backup the card's bios before flashing it.

    At least you have the backup of the BIOS, what happens

    >argh!!! and yes I confirmed my card has the r360 core.

    Follow the guides you found floating around, one such is
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1633&page=4
    a few minutes using www.google.com

    Troubleshooting Section - What If Something Went Wrong?

    You made your backup right? Good. If you saw an error message during the
    video card BIOS flashing process, the worst thing you can do is restart
    your system, so DO NOT RESTART the computer. If incorrect or corrupted
    information has been written over your video card's BIOS, you will
    likely get garbled video, no picture at all, or even a dead card for
    your troubles. Instead, reflash the card right away with the backup you
    made.

    Assuming you called the backup 'backup.rom' type this from the 'A:\'
    prompt:

    'flashrom -p 0 backup.rom' for ATI video cards using FLASHROM.

    The rest of the article explains what to do if you did restart your PC,
    it may be a bit tricky, as you need another video card PCI (for Nvidia a
    non Nvidia brand) to get the PC booted.

    Me
    why?, Oct 14, 2005