Flash

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Pastor Dave, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    Hi,

    I just wiped my system a few days ago and installed
    Firefox and THEN installed Flash.

    I just went to a web page that uses flash on its intro,
    which works fine in IE.

    www.clubchrist.com

    Flash is just NOT working in Firefox. What can I check
    to see if Firefox has it enabled?

    Thanks!

    --

    Pastor Dave

    "If you believe what you like in the Gospel,
    and reject what you like - it is not the Gospel
    you believe, but yourselves." - St. Augustine

    http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

    http://tinyurl.com/ce97m
    Pastor Dave, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Pastor Dave

    Doug G Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just wiped my system a few days ago and installed
    > Firefox and THEN installed Flash.
    >
    > I just went to a web page that uses flash on its intro,
    > which works fine in IE.
    >
    > www.clubchrist.com
    >
    > Flash is just NOT working in Firefox. What can I check
    > to see if Firefox has it enabled?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Type about:plugins in Firefox's location box, press Enter and see if
    Shockwave Flash is listed and enabled.

    If the plugin isn't listed, the "npswf32.dll" file may be elsewhere on
    your hard drive and can be copied into Firefox's plugins folder while
    the program is closed.

    If it is listed and enabled, you may have installed an extension that
    blocks Flash.

    The Flashplayer7 plugin installer (683 KB) can be downloaded from
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
    Doug G, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 07:33:51 -0500, Doug G
    <> spake thusly:

    >Pastor Dave wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I just wiped my system a few days ago and installed
    >> Firefox and THEN installed Flash.
    >>
    >> I just went to a web page that uses flash on its intro,
    >> which works fine in IE.
    >>
    >> www.clubchrist.com
    >>
    >> Flash is just NOT working in Firefox. What can I check
    >> to see if Firefox has it enabled?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    >Type about:plugins in Firefox's location box, press Enter and see if
    >Shockwave Flash is listed and enabled.
    >
    >If the plugin isn't listed, the "npswf32.dll" file may be elsewhere on
    >your hard drive and can be copied into Firefox's plugins folder while
    >the program is closed.
    >
    >If it is listed and enabled, you may have installed an extension that
    >blocks Flash.
    >
    >The Flashplayer7 plugin installer (683 KB) can be downloaded from
    >http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

    Fixed! Yer good. :)

    Pastor Dave, Aug 8, 2005
  4. Pastor Dave

    Doug G Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:
    > On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 07:33:51 -0500, Doug G
    > <> spake thusly:
    >
    >>Pastor Dave wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I just wiped my system a few days ago and installed
    >>> Firefox and THEN installed Flash.
    >>>
    >>> I just went to a web page that uses flash on its intro,
    >>> which works fine in IE.
    >>>
    >>> www.clubchrist.com
    >>>
    >>> Flash is just NOT working in Firefox. What can I check
    >>> to see if Firefox has it enabled?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!

    >>Type about:plugins in Firefox's location box, press Enter and see if
    >>Shockwave Flash is listed and enabled.
    >>
    >>If the plugin isn't listed, the "npswf32.dll" file may be elsewhere on
    >>your hard drive and can be copied into Firefox's plugins folder while
    >>the program is closed.
    >>
    >>If it is listed and enabled, you may have installed an extension that
    >>blocks Flash.
    >>
    >>The Flashplayer7 plugin installer (683 KB) can be downloaded from
    >>http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

    > Fixed! Yer good. :)

    What did you do to fix it?
    Doug G, Aug 8, 2005
  5. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:05:45 -0500, Doug G
    <> spake thusly:

    >>>Type about:plugins in Firefox's location box, press Enter and see if
    >>>Shockwave Flash is listed and enabled.
    >>>
    >>>If the plugin isn't listed, the "npswf32.dll" file may be elsewhere on
    >>>your hard drive and can be copied into Firefox's plugins folder while
    >>>the program is closed.
    >>>
    >>>If it is listed and enabled, you may have installed an extension that
    >>>blocks Flash.
    >>>
    >>>The Flashplayer7 plugin installer (683 KB) can be downloaded from
    >>>http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

    >> Fixed! Yer good. :)
    >>

    >What did you do to fix it?

    1) about:plugins (not there).

    2) Exited browser.

    3) Ran Flash install (it showed Firefox).

    4) Load browser.

    5) about:plugins (was there).

    6) Repeat above for Shockwave.

    7) Done. :)