Flash Upgrade

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rüdiger Kasten, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I tried to upgrade the flash of a Cisco 1605-R from 4 to 12 MB. I've bought
    a 12 MB pcmcia flash card, but it didn't work in the router.

    I get the following message:

    %Error: No PCMCIA flash chip information available

    This pcmcia flash-card is NOT Cisco certified. I thought that there is no
    great difference in flash modules.

    If I put the old 4MB-card in the pcmcia-slot of a laptop I can't get access
    to the filesystems. If I put the 12mb card into I get the access.

    What are the differences in these cards and how can I get the 12MB-card
    working in the router?

    With best regards,

    Ruediger

    --