    (preferably a hand-grip style). I haven't found anything online like
    this. Does anyone have any recommendations?

    Thank you!
    Quiet Voice, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Quiet Voice

    Magnus W Guest

    (Quiet Voice) wrote in
    news::

    > Researching online, I have come across reviews that state that any
    > flash unit that can be used with the Maxiuum body can be used with the
    > 7Hi....but that "some" functionality will be lost. I'm curious to know
    > what functions are lost.

    Metering. This is a serious disadvantage, no? ;-)
    You need a "D" compatible flash. That means 2500D, 3600D, or 5600D (not
    5200). Or a third party alternative, I don't know anything about them, but
    they need to support "D" too.
    Magnus W, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Quiet Voice

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    The regular Maxxum flash flashes at full strength and washes out all the
    highlights. I have had good results bouncing the flash from the ceiling. If you
    have to buy a flash, get one made for digital that is recommended by Minolta.

    there is a cord that mounts on the flash shoe and on the flash unit so that you
    can hold the flash away from the camera.
    I don't have the part number right now but check the Minoltausa.com site, you
    might be able to find it there.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Dec 16, 2003