    Uninstalled both Firefox and Flash, reinstalled multiple times and
    still no luck. Any ideas?

    I'm on WinXP by the way.

    RyeTronics, Oct 27, 2005

  2. RyeTronics

    gwtc Guest

    RyeTronics wrote:

    > As the subject says... Haven't downloaded any new extensions or
    > anything, but I believe it's happened since the latest Flash update (is
    > it .8??). Went through all the troubleshooting on the Macromedia
    > support site, but still not having any luck with it working.
    > Uninstalled both Firefox and Flash, reinstalled multiple times and
    > still no luck. Any ideas?
    >
    > I'm on WinXP by the way.

    in the address bar type in about:plugins and look around there. Do
    you see the Shockwave Flash plugin? If so, then go here:
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/ and it will tell you
    if Flash is installed correctly. Does it work? If not, then Flash
    isn't installed correctly. If the Flash plugin isn't there, then
    close FF and do a search on your hard-drive for the file NPSWF32.dll
    and copy it to the Firefox plugin directory. Restart FF and follow
    the steps above.

    If still nothing happening, then do you have the extensions Flash
    Block or something else.

    Another option is do you have QuickTime? If so, then that might be
    your problem. QT steals file associations without your knowledge, so
    you have to change it back. From the Control Panel, click on the QT
    Icon, and select File Types. Click on the Plus Sign for Misc and
    uncheck the one for Flash.

    gwtc, Oct 27, 2005

  3. RyeTronics

    RyeTronics Guest

    Thanks for the reply gwtc...

    I figured out that is what the Adblock extension blocking Flash, and
    just updated it. Now works like a charm...

    Speaking of Quicktime, I often have trouble with QT in Firefox.
    Sometimes the embedded videos play fine and other times they crap out
    or don't load at all. Are there any major issues abound with QT that
    I'm not aware of? I can't give any more specifics because it hasn't
    happened in quite a while, but is it possible there are different QT
    codecs or versions being used that clash with my embedded player?

    RyeTronics, Oct 27, 2005
  4. RyeTronics

    Arne Guest

    How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html

    From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    --
    /Arne
    Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote when replying.

    Arne, Oct 27, 2005
  5. RyeTronics

    RyeTronics Guest

    Arne wrote:
    > Once upon a time *RyeTronics* wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks for the reply gwtc...
    > >
    > > I figured out that is what the Adblock extension blocking Flash, and
    > > just updated it. Now works like a charm...
    > >
    > > Speaking of Quicktime, I often have trouble with QT in Firefox.
    > > Sometimes the embedded videos play fine and other times they crap out
    > > or don't load at all. Are there any major issues abound with QT that
    > > I'm not aware of? I can't give any more specifics because it hasn't
    > > happened in quite a while, but is it possible there are different QT
    > > codecs or versions being used that clash with my embedded player?
    > >

    > How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
    >
    > From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/
    >
    > --
    > /Arne
    > Now killing all top posters and posters who don't quote when replying.

    Thanks Arne... Now I know.

    RyeTronics, Oct 27, 2005
  6. RyeTronics

    TheCroW Guest

    > Thanks for the reply gwtc...
    >
    > I figured out that is what the Adblock extension blocking Flash, and
    > just updated it. Now works like a charm...
    >
    > Speaking of Quicktime, I often have trouble with QT in Firefox.
    > Sometimes the embedded videos play fine and other times they crap out
    > or don't load at all. Are there any major issues abound with QT that
    > I'm not aware of? I can't give any more specifics because it hasn't
    > happened in quite a while, but is it possible there are different QT
    > codecs or versions being used that clash with my embedded player?

    What did you do then? I also can not see any Flash since I got FF 1.07 and
    Adblock ... updated both again but still no Flash ....

    --
    Menno
    =====================

    TheCroW, Oct 29, 2005
  7. RyeTronics

    TheCroW Guest

    > > Thanks for the reply gwtc...
    > >
    > > I figured out that is what the Adblock extension blocking Flash, and
    > > just updated it. Now works like a charm...
    > >
    > > Speaking of Quicktime, I often have trouble with QT in Firefox.
    > > Sometimes the embedded videos play fine and other times they crap out
    > > or don't load at all. Are there any major issues abound with QT that
    > > I'm not aware of? I can't give any more specifics because it hasn't
    > > happened in quite a while, but is it possible there are different QT
    > > codecs or versions being used that clash with my embedded player?
    > >

    > What did you do then? I also can not see any Flash since I got FF 1.07 and
    > Adblock ... updated both again but still no Flash ....

    Well, did remove Adblock .... but now it will not install again :-(
    Nothing happens at all?

    TheCroW, Oct 29, 2005
  8. RyeTronics

    gwtc Guest

    TheCroW wrote:

    >>Thanks for the reply gwtc...
    >>
    >>I figured out that is what the Adblock extension blocking Flash, and
    >>just updated it. Now works like a charm...
    >>
    >>Speaking of Quicktime, I often have trouble with QT in Firefox.
    >>Sometimes the embedded videos play fine and other times they crap out
    >>or don't load at all. Are there any major issues abound with QT that
    >>I'm not aware of? I can't give any more specifics because it hasn't
    >>happened in quite a while, but is it possible there are different QT
    >>codecs or versions being used that clash with my embedded player?
    >>

    > What did you do then? I also can not see any Flash since I got FF 1.07 and
    > Adblock ... updated both again but still no Flash ....

    I have no idea, but I think your problem might be adblock. There's a
    change you have to make to make it accept flash.

    gwtc, Oct 29, 2005
  9. RyeTronics

    TheCroW Guest

    > >>I figured out that is what the Adblock extension blocking Flash, and
    > >>just updated it. Now works like a charm...
    > >>
    > >>Speaking of Quicktime, I often have trouble with QT in Firefox.
    > >>Sometimes the embedded videos play fine and other times they crap out
    > >>or don't load at all. Are there any major issues abound with QT that
    > >>I'm not aware of? I can't give any more specifics because it hasn't
    > >>happened in quite a while, but is it possible there are different QT
    > >>codecs or versions being used that clash with my embedded player?
    > >>

    > > What did you do then? I also can not see any Flash since I got FF 1.07

    and
    > > Adblock ... updated both again but still no Flash ....
    > >

    > I have no idea, but I think your problem might be adblock. There's a
    > change you have to make to make it accept flash.

    Well, it gets stranger. I uninstalled Adblock ... and now the buttons in FF
    itself are gone. Just the standard buttons like Back, Forward, Startpage?

    TheCroW, Oct 29, 2005
  10. RyeTronics

    gwtc Guest

    TheCroW wrote:

    >>>What did you do then? I also can not see any Flash since I got FF 1.07

    > and
    >
    >>>Adblock ... updated both again but still no Flash ....
    >>>

    >>I have no idea, but I think your problem might be adblock. There's a
    >>change you have to make to make it accept flash.

    > Well, it gets stranger. I uninstalled Adblock ... and now the buttons in FF
    > itself are gone. Just the standard buttons like Back, Forward, Startpage?

    create a test profile, and see if everything is OK in that. If it is,
    then you can move certain things over.

    To create a new profile, click on Start, Run and enter exactly:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will bring up the profile manager, and you can create a new one
    from there.

    Sometimes, uninstalling extensions and themes can cause more problems
    than having them there.

    gwtc, Oct 29, 2005
  11. RyeTronics

    TheCroW Guest

    > > > What did you do then? I also can not see any Flash since I got FF 1.07
    > and
    > > > Adblock ... updated both again but still no Flash ....
    > > >

    > > I have no idea, but I think your problem might be adblock. There's a
    > > change you have to make to make it accept flash.

    > Well, it gets stranger. I uninstalled Adblock ... and now the buttons in

    FF
    > itself are gone. Just the standard buttons like Back, Forward, Startpage?

    Well, got them back ... but still Adblock and Flash are not working together
    .... a shame :-(

    TheCroW, Oct 29, 2005
  12. RyeTronics

    RyeTronics Guest

    TheCroW wrote:

    > What did you do then? I also can not see any Flash since I got FF 1.07 and
    > Adblock ... updated both again but still no Flash ....
    >
    > --
    > Menno
    > =====================
    > My 3D Art can be seen on
    > http://www.3dart4u.com
    > =====================
    > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me

    TheCroW,

    I can't find the link that ended up solving my problem, but I did find
    this one which may help...

    http://techpatterns.com/forums/about528.html

    Good luck.

    RyeTronics, Oct 29, 2005
  13. RyeTronics

    TheCroW Guest

    > > What did you do then? I also can not see any Flash since I got FF 1.07
    and
    > > Adblock ... updated both again but still no Flash ....
    > >
    > > --
    > > Menno
    > > =====================
    > > My 3D Art can be seen on
    > > http://www.3dart4u.com
    > > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me

    > TheCroW,
    >
    > I can't find the link that ended up solving my problem, but I did find
    > this one which may help...
    >
    > http://techpatterns.com/forums/about528.html
    >
    > Good luck.

    Thanx, that helped a lot!!