    Does anyone have any suggestions please?
    Btw I am based in the UK
    Many thanks

    Sheldon, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Sheldon

    Guest

    Sheldon <> wrote:
    >Hi
    >I have a minolta dimage z3 camera and also an external flash gun. I am
    >trying to find a slave unit which will fire the external flash from the
    >camera's built in flash but I am having problems finding one.
    >Does anyone have any suggestions please?
    >Btw I am based in the UK
    >Many thanks

    If you don't mind some electronics find out the electrical "protocoll" and
    attach the flash to a lightsensor you can make it a slave-flash.

    , Apr 26, 2006

  3. Sheldon

    DaveJ Guest

    "Sheldon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have a minolta dimage z3 camera and also an external flash gun. I am
    > trying to find a slave unit which will fire the external flash from the
    > camera's built in flash but I am having problems finding one.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions please?
    > Btw I am based in the UK
    > Many thanks

    Jessops have a few
    http://www.jessops.com/search/dointellisearch.cfm?node=448

    They're normally just a photocell and flash bracket - completes the circuit
    when light hits a certain level and fires the attached flash. You may need
    something a bit 'smart' if you use pre-flash (red-eye reduction). I'm sure
    most camera shops (not electronics superstores...) will have one or two.

    DaveJ, Apr 29, 2006