    Is there a way to direct my software to not try to download the
    Flash????

    I have Windows XP Home and IE.

    B'razeer Boobar, Jan 28, 2008

  2. B'razeer Boobar wrote:

    > I cannot download Flash via my dial-up and, frankly, I don't want
    > Flash. But when I download a page that has Flash, it taks extremely
    > long.
    >
    > Is there a way to direct my software to not try to download the
    > Flash????
    >
    > I have Windows XP Home and IE.

    My condolescence for dialup and IE. Use firefox with the noscripts and
    flashblock plugins.
    Then, firefox is another download, you have to bite the bullet.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Jan 28, 2008

  3. B'razeer Boobar

    Robis Guest

    "B'razeer Boobar" <> wrote in message
    >I cannot download Flash via my dial-up and, frankly, I don't want
    > Flash. But when I download a page that has Flash, it taks extremely
    > long.
    >
    > Is there a way to direct my software to not try to download the
    > Flash????
    >
    > I have Windows XP Home and IE.

    Doesn't it prompt you before anything else to download flush loo plug in?
    Just say no?
    If its already there you can go into objects and delete it from there I
    think.
    Internet options, general, settings, view objects.
    Or it may be installed like a program (seems to be in vista) so go into
    control panel, installed programs instead.

    Robis, Jan 28, 2008