  1. Several web sites I visit prompt me to download the FlashPlayer. I try to do
    so but I still am missing content in some areas. Is there a way to get Flash
    animations to work with x64?

    Sam Steinhauser, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Sam Steinhauser

    Rick Guest

    Use the 32-bit I.E.

    There is no 64-bit FlashPlayer for 64-bit I.E., nor is there is 64-bit
    browser support from Java currently.

    Rick, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Sam Steinhauser

    Peter Lawton Guest

    That's one of the things I really like about 64 bit MSIE - NO FLASH !

    I keep disabling the flash plugin on 32bit MSIE bit it seems to keep
    re-enabling itself, 64 bit MSIE doesn't have that problem at all :)

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Honestly, the Windows Team should have just hid that IE 64-Bit icon, it does
    not serve any utter purpose!
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Nope, they put it there for people like me, who hate flash with a passion.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 9, 2006
  6. That's because none of you have ever tried Avant Browser
    (http://www.avantbrowser.com/).
    Free, lightweitght, 32-bit, multi-tabbed.
    Allows you not to load images, flash (here you go, Charlie) with a single
    click of very accessible buttons.
    Once you try it, there is no turning back.
    I never use IE.
    Always Avant Browser.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 9, 2006
  7. Thanks for the input. You really don't think the IE 64 is just a little bit
    quicker?

    Sam Steinhauser, Jan 9, 2006
  8. Ahh, how could I forget? Catering to every users need. :-D

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 9, 2006
  9. Carlos -- even if I wanted to use a different browser, it would be
    difficult. Since I have to support and write about MS operating systems,
    it's really a lot easier for me to use IE. There are certainly others I'd
    try, and Avant is one of them. But ultimately my job makes it best to stick
    with "stock" whenever I can. (Note, this has nothing to do with my MVP
    status - many MVPs use Firefox or another third party browser these days.
    But does have to do with writing about MS products for a living. )

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 10, 2006
  10. It is a little quicker but that is not much help on sites like Microsoft
    Update where an activex control is 32-bit. Where there are no issues like
    that it is a nice browser.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 10, 2006