    listed in the "add/remove" programs list. What am i missing here?
    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Oct 11, 2007

  2. Paul Burdett wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a number of flv files which I'm currently playing via VLC media
    > player. They work fine. However, I just purchased a book that has some video
    > tutorials on a dvd (Photoshop) and it says that the videos need to be played
    > via Flash Player 8 or 9. (They work fine in VLC, except there is a yellow
    > bar down the centre of the videos). Anyhow...I downloaded flash player 9 and
    > installed it. According to the book I should be able to right click a video
    > file and select Flash player to open it, but the option is not there. It's
    > listed in the "add/remove" programs list. What am i missing here?

    When you right click on the file, is there an "Open with ..." option?
    Choose that, then come down to the bottom of the next menu and click on
    "Choose program".

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 11, 2007

  3. Paul Burdett

    Sano Guest

    - Rôgêr <> - wrote in

    > Paul Burdett wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a number of flv files which I'm currently playing via VLC
    >> media player. They work fine. However, I just purchased a book
    >> that has some video tutorials on a dvd (Photoshop) and it says
    >> that the videos need to be played via Flash Player 8 or 9. (They
    >> work fine in VLC, except there is a yellow bar down the centre of
    >> the videos). Anyhow...I downloaded flash player 9 and installed
    >> it. According to the book I should be able to right click a video
    >> file and select Flash player to open it, but the option is not
    >> there. It's listed in the "add/remove" programs list. What am i
    >> missing here?

    > When you right click on the file, is there an "Open with ..."
    > option? Choose that, then come down to the bottom of the next menu
    > and click on "Choose program".

    Or Right Click + Ctrl ...

    Sano, Oct 11, 2007
  4. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    "Sano" <> wrote in message
    >- Rôgêr <> - wrote in
    >
    >> Paul Burdett wrote:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I have a number of flv files which I'm currently playing via VLC
    >>> media player. They work fine. However, I just purchased a book
    >>> that has some video tutorials on a dvd (Photoshop) and it says
    >>> that the videos need to be played via Flash Player 8 or 9. (They
    >>> work fine in VLC, except there is a yellow bar down the centre of
    >>> the videos). Anyhow...I downloaded flash player 9 and installed
    >>> it. According to the book I should be able to right click a video
    >>> file and select Flash player to open it, but the option is not
    >>> there. It's listed in the "add/remove" programs list. What am i
    >>> missing here?

    >> When you right click on the file, is there an "Open with ..."
    >> option? Choose that, then come down to the bottom of the next menu
    >> and click on "Choose program".

    > Or Right Click + Ctrl ...

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply. I've tried that, but there's no "flash player" listed
    after clicking "Choose program". I only see the Flash encoder program in the
    macromedia folder. I can't locate the player itself!

    Paul Burdett, Oct 11, 2007
  5. Paul Burdett wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. I've tried that, but there's no "flash player"
    > listed after clicking "Choose program". I only see the Flash encoder
    > program in the macromedia folder. I can't locate the player itself!

    You got the flash plugin. It's for a browser, you will have to open flash
    files with that one.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 11, 2007
  6. Paul Burdett

    chuckcar Guest

    wisdomkiller & pain <> wrote in

    > Paul Burdett wrote:

    >> Thanks for the reply. I've tried that, but there's no "flash player"
    >> listed after clicking "Choose program". I only see the Flash encoder
    >> program in the macromedia folder. I can't locate the player itself!

    > You got the flash plugin. It's for a browser, you will have to open
    > flash files with that one.

    Or to put it another way, open your files with Internet Explorer.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 12, 2007
  7. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > wisdomkiller & pain <> wrote in
    >
    >> Paul Burdett wrote:

    >>> Thanks for the reply. I've tried that, but there's no "flash player"
    >>> listed after clicking "Choose program". I only see the Flash encoder
    >>> program in the macromedia folder. I can't locate the player itself!

    >> You got the flash plugin. It's for a browser, you will have to open
    >> flash files with that one.
    >>

    > Or to put it another way, open your files with Internet Explorer.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    Thank you for the replies. I'm still confused though. Right clicking and
    selecting IE does nothing. What if the computer is not connected to the
    internet? How do I get the actual player?
    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Oct 12, 2007
  8. Paul Burdett wrote:
    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> wisdomkiller & pain <> wrote in

    >>> You got the flash plugin. It's for a browser, you will have to open
    >>> flash files with that one.
    >>>

    >> Or to put it another way, open your files with Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >> --
    >> (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    > Thank you for the replies. I'm still confused though. Right clicking and
    > selecting IE does nothing. What if the computer is not connected to the
    > internet? How do I get the actual player?

    What was meant was to have IE open and then "File - Open" and point it
    to the Flash file.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 12, 2007
  9. Paul Burdett wrote:

    > Thank you for the replies. I'm still confused though. Right clicking and
    > selecting IE does nothing. What if the computer is not connected to the
    > internet? How do I get the actual player?

    IE is everywhere ;-)
    Now, I meant, when you used your browser to visit the flash site and to
    download a flash installer, that one just installed plugins for IE and
    maybe mozilla/firefox, but the standalone flashplayer.exe isn't standard
    anymore. You may google for downloads, in fact you will find
    flashplayer.exe inside some archive on the adobe site.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 12, 2007
  10. Paul Burdett

    chuckcar Guest

    "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> wisdomkiller & pain <> wrote in

    >>> You got the flash plugin. It's for a browser, you will have to open
    >>> flash files with that one.
    >>>

    >> Or to put it another way, open your files with Internet Explorer.

    > Thank you for the replies. I'm still confused though. Right clicking
    > and selecting IE does nothing. What if the computer is not connected
    > to the

    What exactly is unclear about the two sentences above yours? It's pretty
    unambigous english.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 12, 2007