    I probably have a wrong setting but just can't figure out where or what I have to look for/change in order to load only once Flash and Shockwave.

    Thanks for your help and hope I've posted in the right place.

    AndyB
    BENAGLIA, Oct 2, 2007

  2. BENAGLIA

    John Barnes Guest

    See post 3 down
    "BENAGLIA" <> wrote in message news:...
    I'm a satisfied user of Vista Business X64 / self assembled pc and have managed to sort all the driver issues that came with setting up the system and this forum helped a great deal from the begining.
    All my software and hardware work perfectly and the only problem I have is loading Macromedia Flash Player and Shockwave. I keep on being requested to load either one, IE then reboots as it should, and on returning to the initial web page I'm requested again and again to load either of them.

    John Barnes, Oct 2, 2007

  3. BENAGLIA

    BENAGLIA Guest

    Evening John,
    Thanks, have already tried it out but still having the same hassle. This evening, I'm based in Milano/Italy and it's midnight here!, I've already tried three times with Flash Player and still keep on being reqested to do so.
    AndyB

    BENAGLIA, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Benaglia:
    I guess you must be trying to install those on IE 32-bit, right?
    They will not install on IE 64-bit.
    Give this standalone installer a try:
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html
    It worked for me.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 2, 2007
  5. BENAGLIA

    John Barnes Guest

    If that doesn't work, there is an uninstaller available, I think on the same
    webpage. If you can't find it I will try to find it in the Vista group.

    John Barnes, Oct 3, 2007
  6. John:
    Here's the uninstaller
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/
    and some other goodies.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 3, 2007
  7. Signore Benaglia:
    You might also try the release candidate version 9.0.64.0RC:
    http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer9_update/flashplayer9_install_activex_100107.exe
    Domani chi vediamo, si?
    Carlos (de Argentina)

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 3, 2007
  8. BENAGLIA

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks Carlos, you always come thru.

    John Barnes, Oct 3, 2007
  9. BENAGLIA

    BENAGLIA Guest

    Evening John & Carlos

    Thanks to both of you, your solutions seem to have resolved the problem and
    all ok and functional.

    Hot day and can't figure out if we're heading for winter or summer!

    Thanks again

    BENAGLIA, Oct 3, 2007
  10. BENAGLIA

    John Barnes Guest

    Well, I'm heading for winter and Carlos if headed for summer. :) Glad it
    is fixed.

    John Barnes, Oct 3, 2007
  11. John:
    Our summer in these ultra-southern latitudes would hardly qualify as such in
    the rest of the world.
    Temperatures vary between 5 deg C to 20 deg C (66F to 93F).
    It is Spring now and the temperature at 3:30PM is hardly 66F.
    20 miles/h wind takes the wind chill to -6 deg C (47F).
    The real advantage is that you don't have to think what kind of clothes you
    have to wear.
    It is always cold outside, and if it gets a little warmer I just open my
    jacket!
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 3, 2007
  12. BENAGLIA

    Theo Guest

    Carlos,

    The equivalent temperatures as you stated are a little off.
    I wouldn't have really noticed if I hadn't lived in Europe
    for over 15 years. Maybe they got garbled in transmission -
    too much sun spot static.

    Yours --> Temperatures vary between 5 deg C to 20 deg C (66F
    to 93F).

    Corrected -->Temperatures vary between 5 deg C to 20 deg C
    (41F to 68F).

    It is Spring now and the temperature at 3:30PM is hardly 66F
    -->(19C).

    Yours -->20 miles/h wind takes the wind chill to -6 deg C (47F).
    Corrected -->20 miles/h wind takes the wind chill to -6 deg
    C (22F).

    Theo

    Theo, Oct 3, 2007
  13. Theo:
    Thanks for the corrections.
    The correct values are in deg C.
    The formula I used for converting to deg F was wrong.
    Today, spring, 5 degrees C (41F).
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 3, 2007
  14. We have a saying in Denmark - "we have only two seasons, both are winter,
    one is white and the other gray."

    Our temp's at the moment are almost equal to yours, but I like it right
    now - anything beyond 16C is too hot!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 3, 2007
  15. BENAGLIA

    BENAGLIA Guest

    3rd october 2006: 17 cm of snow
    3rd october 2007: 26° C!!!!! and around in tshirts
    I'm even growing strawberries and have all my roses flowering. People would
    say it's all Bill Gates fault and it's Vista that just can't get the weather
    right!!!!!!
    Just waiting and waiting and waiting for some SNOW!!!

    AndyB

    BENAGLIA, Oct 3, 2007