Flash Player in 64 bit IE

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. Any way to install Flash player, 7 or 8 in 64 bit Internet Explorer?

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=, Dec 13, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 13, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, Dec 14, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Agreed, and in many cases for me, I go to a page using IE32 that asks to
    download the flash player, I okay, it downloads, I ok the install, and the
    next visit to the page, I have to to thru the same thing again. Seems I
    have flash and flash8 all over the place. Maybe I can dump some on ebay
    :) but then they don't work, does that matter?

    John Barnes, Dec 14, 2005
  5. One of the best features of 64-bit IE is no Flash. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 14, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:17:38 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >One of the best features of 64-bit IE is no Flash. :)

    Firefox + Flashblocker does wonders too :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Dec 14, 2005
  7. Oh? Why would you say so? It has its purpose when it comes providing rich
    dynamic content over the web instead the boring bland HTML.
    --
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 14, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:53:01 -0800, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
    <> wrote:

    >Oh? Why would you say so? It has its purpose when it comes providing rich
    >dynamic content over the web instead the boring bland HTML.

    That is true. However they are very annoying to people who are still using
    dial-up. I know this is probably not the case for most here in this group,
    but we are not the "mean average" in terms of computer-users.
    IMNHO: sometimes the Flash-content is designed p*ss-poor, and if a website
    has no choice for a HTML-alternative, I quickly runaway.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Dec 14, 2005
  9. Huh? I'm a bit confused John. You have Flash, the web develop tool and Flash
    Player for viewing the content created in Flash?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 14, 2005
  10. Well that is true, I remember it use to be a pain loading Flash websites and
    when I saw HTML option, my response would be (thank God)!

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 14, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    No Andre, I mean that Flash.ocx and Flash8.ocx have been installed in
    system32 syswow64 and several other Macromedia folders on the computer. I do
    not have the development tool.

    John Barnes, Dec 14, 2005
  12. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 14, 2005
  13. 99% of the time, Flash provides no value, just glitz. I can do with out
    that, I'm there to get work done. :) And dialup with flash is a disaster.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 14, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Tell me about it. A 24k dial-up line doesn't need anything slowing it
    further.

    John Barnes, Dec 14, 2005
  15. I wonder what your opinion of Windows Vista is then? ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 14, 2005
  16. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message
    > I wonder what your opinion of Windows Vista is then? ;)
    > --

    May I enter the conversation...

    I have been a professional web developper for
    three years (now returned to school, college) and
    I never encouraged the use of flash in web pages.
    In my opinion, flash does not integrate well into a
    web page.. If you want reasons, I'm sure we can
    find many. The cursor is different inside the flash
    box, the UI don't feels the same, there's sounds,
    you can't select it, copy it, it's an unstandardized
    black box etc. (I'm maybe not clear, english
    is not my primary lang).

    And we can't compare a whole user interface (OS, Vista)
    where everything "feels" the same and integrate together
    with some standards versus a web page where a totally
    different kind of "program" can be run inside it. I think we
    should reread the primary goals of HTML and we will see
    that HTML and flash are totally different things. But that's
    entirely my personnal opinion.

    After writing my post I also googled :
    http://people.westminstercollege.edu/students/d-b1649/opinions/avoid_flash.html

    Mike

    Mike Gleason Jr Couturier, Dec 14, 2005
  17. Well, if I ever get a version that works, I'll let you know. ;)

    Seriously, I don't mind glitz, but what I want first and foremost is
    content.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 14, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:34:14 -0800, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
    <> wrote:

    >I wonder what your opinion of Windows Vista is then? ;)

    That'll be fun to update via 24k4 :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Dec 14, 2005
  19. Macromedia has ignored several emails and when I finally got to their tech
    support they were downright rude. They seem to think 64 bit computing is a
    passing fad and are not planning a 64 bit release any time soon.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVhbCBhdCBTcGVjdGRhciBDb21wdXRpbmc=?=, Dec 14, 2005
  20. > Macromedia has ignored several emails and when I finally got to their tech
    > support they were downright rude. They seem to think 64 bit computing is a
    > passing fad and are not planning a 64 bit release any time soon.

    "Passing pad", huh? Speaking of Flash...

    Homer J. Simpson, Dec 20, 2005