  1. Hugh Kennedy

    Hugh Kennedy Guest

    any??????

    Hugh Kennedy, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Hugh Kennedy

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:20:38 -0400, "Hugh Kennedy"
    <> wrote:

    >any??????

    No. Been bugging them a few times already, but they have no answer.
    The 32-bit version works fine, but only in the 32-bit IE.
    Maybe when Vista64 shows up things might change :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jul 12, 2006

  3. * Hugh Kennedy:

    > any??????

    There is no. Besides that, what do you expect a 64bit flash player does
    better than the 32bit version?

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Hugh Kennedy

    John Barnes Guest

    Works with IE64. It is a hassle to have to figure out whether you have a 32
    or 64 bit IE as you are browsing. Click a link from OE and you have a
    browser window which flash won't work on. Microsoft has lots of sites that
    want to download the flash player.

    John Barnes, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Thanks, John - You just ruined a good night's sleep! :0|

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 12, 2006
  6. Hugh Kennedy

    gs Guest

    I agreed too it is a hassle and time waster to switch in IE32 to see flash
    sites

    gs, Jul 12, 2006
  7. * John Barnes:

    > Works with IE64. It is a hassle to have to figure out whether you have a 32
    > or 64 bit IE as you are browsing. Click a link from OE and you have a
    > browser window which flash won't work on. Microsoft has lots of sites that
    > want to download the flash player.

    Why use IE64 anyways? Flash is not the only thing which doesn't work
    with IE64, and on the other side IE64 does nothing better than 32bit IE...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 12, 2006
  8. Hugh Kennedy

    John Barnes Guest

    Because, as I said, it automatically launches from OE and is a pain to
    copy/paste to an IE32 version. I agree nothing about it works better. How
    many emails have you gotten from Microsoft, clicked on a link, then be
    bugged by the admonition to install the flash player? Then you have to
    either pass or copy paste to an IE32 window.
    They can make the 32-bit flash player compatible with IE64 and I would be
    happy. Java too

    John Barnes, Jul 12, 2006
  9. Hugh Kennedy

    John Barnes Guest

    Since you still don't have to install it, you can sleep peacefully again.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I personally prefer IE32 because all the flash ads are blocked by Admuncher
    as well as other ads Wish it worked on IE64 too.

    John Barnes, Jul 12, 2006
  10. * John Barnes:

    > Because, as I said, it automatically launches from OE and is a pain to
    > copy/paste to an IE32 version. I agree nothing about it works better. How
    > many emails have you gotten from Microsoft, clicked on a link, then be
    > bugged by the admonition to install the flash player? Then you have to
    > either pass or copy paste to an IE32 window.

    Right, I forgot that the default browser in xp x64 is IE64 because I use
    Firefox. It's a stupid default setting. Maybe there is a way to set the
    default to 32bit IE?

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 12, 2006
  11. Hugh Kennedy

    PaulM Guest

    No its not! Its IE32, not IE64 for default browser. If you are in OE and
    click on a link, then it is IE64..

    --
    --Paul--
    www.paulsxp.com

    PaulM, Jul 12, 2006
  12. * PaulM:

    > No its not! Its IE32, not IE64 for default browser. If you are in OE and
    > click on a link, then it is IE64..

    Oh, ok. As I said I don't use IE (mainly because Firefox is at the
    moment more compfortable with tabbed browsing etc than IE but not
    necessarily better, I'll probably switch back to IE as soon as IE7 is
    final) except for Windows update.

    There probably is a way to tell OE to use IE32 instead (i.e. via a
    registry setting).

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jul 12, 2006
  13. 2 questions.
    1) OE to me means Outlook Express but that's not in Vista so what do you
    mean by OE?
    2) Both my Interner Explorers (in Program Files and program Files (x86))
    appear to be the 64 bit version as the file IDs are identical. Surely if they
    were different the file ID would be different too?
    For whatever reason I can't get Flash Player or Java to work at all.
    Colin

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=, Oct 2, 2006
  14. Hugh Kennedy

    mikeyhsd Guest

    file IDs maybe the same but the programs are different.
    to get flash to install you need to run the (86) 32 bit IE and navigate to flash install page.
    if you use the 64 bit IE flash WILL not install, it is not compitable.

    mikeyhsd, Oct 2, 2006
  15. Tried that - won't install. As I said there appears to be no difference
    whatsoever between my "32" & "64" bit versions of IE. I tried to reinstal IE
    7 from the MS site which said it was the right version for my machine only to
    get a message saying "IE 7 is not compatible with Vista" during the instal
    process, so I'm stuck with what I've got and I'm not keen to reinstal Vista
    in the vague hope that it would correct my IE problems. Colin

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=, Oct 3, 2006
  16. The Vista equivalent to OE is Windows Mail.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 3, 2006
  17. I've managed to get the 32 bit version of IE7 working now. That gives me
    Download Express working (which doesn't with 64 bit) and I have Flash Player
    8 OK but apparently not Java. Colin

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=, Oct 3, 2006
  18. Hugh Kennedy

    Balzarius

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    OE to IE7 default to ie 32 instead of 64 bits.

    Here the solution to get IE32 bit as the default web browser from a click in OE6...

    In the next registry key :

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\IEXPLORE.EXE

    Change the path from "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"

    and the other too. "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer;" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer;"

    Voilà!

    It work for me... :rockon:

    Bye

    Balzarius, Apr 13, 2008