Flash on PowerShot S3IS

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bert Hyman, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    (Ed) wrote in news::

    > I can't get the flash button to work on my new PowerShot S3IS while
    > in Auto mode. I've looked under all the menu options but could not
    > found anyplace to change the flash setting.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    The "auto" mode is, well, automatic; you don't get to control the
    flash other than by raising or lowering the flash head itself.

    If it's up, the camera will use it if it thinks it needs it.

    If you want to leave it up but control it with the button, use
    Program (P) mode, but then be aware that other functions will come
    alive.

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

    Ed, Jun 20, 2007