    Does anyone know of a vendor who makes an external flash mounting
    bracket for the an Olympus E-10. I would like to mount my Vivitar 283
    off lens axis to minimize red eye.
    E. Coggins, Aug 19, 2003

  2. "E. Coggins" <> writes:

    > Does anyone know of a vendor who makes an external flash mounting
    > bracket for the an Olympus E-10. I would like to mount my Vivitar 283
    > off lens axis to minimize red eye.

    Some flash bracket vendors include:

    http://www.saundersphoto.com/html/strobo.htm Stoboframe
    http://www.newtoncamerabrackets.com/newton.html Newton Camera Brackets
    http://www.kirkphoto.com/ Kirk Enterprises
    http://www.bkaphoto.com/ Stratos & Siegelite
    http://www.custombrackets.com/ Custom Brackets

    I have a Stoboframe Stoboflip bracket which is real compact and keep my
    C-2100UZ in it most of the time, but it does give red eye at 15 feet or more.

    For shooting at much longer distances, I have the Adorlite "custom" Flash
    Bracket from Adorama (though it is out of stock at the moment), which can raise
    the flash some 2-3 feet from the camera, though it isn't as sturdy as some of
    the brackets mentioned above. I put a Stoboframe Vertaflip PHD on top of it,
    because I like the camera flip actions from Stroboframe brackets, rather than
    moving the flash pole. I use this bracket on my tripod also.

    https://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=details&sid=104998905120245892&sku=FABC

    You may need a hot-shoe to pc-sync or hot-shoe to remote hot-shoe convert to
    move the flash off the camera.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Aug 19, 2003

  3. E. Coggins

    LEM Guest

    "E. Coggins" <> wrote in news:elcoggins-
    :

    > Does anyone know of a vendor who makes an external flash mounting
    > bracket for the an Olympus E-10. I would like to mount my Vivitar 283
    > off lens axis to minimize red eye.

    Any bracket will do it for you. Since 283 is a non-ttl flash, all you need
    is any bracket and a pc-cord. I use a cheap $12 bracket from B&H, and it
    works just fine. The only thing you should be worried about in choosing a
    one, is how far you want to take the flash off the camera and how long your
    PC cord is (hence bracket length). I think standard PC cord that comes with
    283 is 1ft, but a longer one can be bought for pennies ($3-$5 range).

    LEM.

    P.S. Remove all digits from address to get my real e-mail.
    LEM, Aug 20, 2003