    Thanx,
    Mark C
    Nashville,TN
    Mark C, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Mark C

    David Grandy Guest

    I don't know how inexpensive it is relative to other flash meters but I've
    had wonderful luck with the Minolta Autometer IVf. From what I've seen this
    meter has become the industry standard. Now it has been replaced with the
    Autometer Vf which should be even better.

    Please note that I said Autometer, not Flashmeter since these are two
    distinct Minolta product lines. The true Minolta Flashmeters are very good
    but a lot more expensive than the Autometer's. They also have features that
    have never been too important to me (like counting multiple pops from a
    strobe flash) although this could be important to some professional
    photographers. Autometers will do flash exposures too, and it's important
    to make that clear.

    I would stay away from a used meter. My thinking is that all the meter does
    is provide accuracy and a new meter passes my "confidence" test much more
    easily than a used one would. Like a watch that gives you the wrong time,
    you'd soon mistrust it.
    David Grandy, Aug 8, 2003

  3. En bh0cgl$t0hrm$-berlin.de del 8/8/03 10:36, "Mark C"
    <> escribió:

    > Can anyone recommend a dependable, inexpensive flash meter. Also are there
    > any on line outlets that sell this item used.

    Hi

    Sekonic L-308
    Jaime Fischer, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Mark C

    Browntimdc Guest

    Jaime Fischer <> wrote in

    > En bh0cgl$t0hrm$-berlin.de del 8/8/03 10:36, "Mark
    > C" <> escribió:
    >
    >> Can anyone recommend a dependable, inexpensive flash meter. Also are
    >> there any on line outlets that sell this item used.

    > Hi
    >
    > Sekonic L-308

    I second that. Fits neatly in the shirt pocket.

    Tim
    Browntimdc, Aug 8, 2003
  5. > Sekonic L-308

    Definitely great ! Very small, accurate both for flashmetering and ambient
    light.
    Bertrand
    Bertrand Collet, Aug 8, 2003