    brenda Guest

    I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.

    What can I do technically with this item.
    brenda, Nov 26, 2007

  2. brenda

    Larry Guest

    Why did you buy it if you don't know how to use it or what you can use it
    for? Didn't you get a manual with it? Did you think of checking the
    manufacturer's website for information?

    Larry

    :

    Larry, Nov 26, 2007

  3. brenda

    meerkat Guest

    "brenda" <> wrote in message
    >I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >
    > What can I do technically with this item.

    Store personal data.
    Install `portable` programs.
    Move/transfer data from one machine to another.
    You can even use it as a small USB `bootable` drive,
    if your machine is capable.

    Now you`ve made my head hurt <g>.
    bw..
    meerkat, Nov 26, 2007
  4. brenda

    SoundBytes Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "brenda" <> wrote in message
    >>I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >>
    >> What can I do technically with this item.
    >>

    > Store personal data.
    > Install `portable` programs.
    > Move/transfer data from one machine to another.
    > You can even use it as a small USB `bootable` drive,
    > if your machine is capable.
    >
    > Now you`ve made my head hurt <g>.
    > bw..

    Buy another and have two
    use it as a wedge for one of those bar tables that rocks when you sit at it
    give it to a friend for Xmas
    sell it on Ebay
    keep it until you get old and show your grandchildren what you had to use to
    store and move data around, they will laugh at you.
    take it out for dinner this evening or take in a movie
    try lifting it off the table using nothing but your mind
    give it a hug and put it to bed

    the list must go on
    SoundBytes, Nov 26, 2007
  5. brenda wrote:
    > I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >
    > What can I do technically with this item.

    In no particular order: remove it, test it to see if it floats,
    draw faces on it with a felt pen, store data on it, make it the focus of
    a little household shrine, let the cat play with it...

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2007
  6. brenda

    Prezes Guest

    On 26 Lis, 20:59, "brenda" <> wrote:
    > I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >
    > What can I do technically with this item.

    Technically it's normal 8GB hard drive, which you mount by USB slot.
    You can install operating system, programmes, downloading Mp3 and
    others. Normal drive, but small.
    Prezes, Nov 26, 2007
  7. "brenda" <> wrote in message
    >I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >
    > What can I do technically with this item.

    Plug it in where the sun don't shine....
    Joseph Wheeler, Nov 26, 2007
  8. brenda

    doS Guest

    "Prezes" <> wrote in message
    > On 26 Lis, 20:59, "brenda" <> wrote:
    >> I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >>
    >> What can I do technically with this item.

    > Technically it's normal 8GB hard drive, which you mount by USB slot.

    lord, dont give em any ideas

    doS, Nov 27, 2007
  9. brenda

    ded Guest

    "brenda" <
    > wrote in message news:XAF2j.33705$...
    >I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >
    > What can I do technically with this item.

    Dear Brenda,
    As you can see from the replies and your question betraying
    your lack of an understanding for a device you purchased
    I doubt the following info will be of any use to you, nontheless,
    If your laptop has Vista installed, Vista has a function called
    Readyboost.
    This Vista function allows USB connected flash memory to be
    used as system memory (google swap and page files for full info)
    It apparently is more efficient than using the hard drive for swap/
    paging, and it seems it does boost performance, also flash memory
    and Vista's Readyboot is an ideal system perk for laptops that barely
    meet Vista's minimum required specification.
    All acadamic if you don't have Vista.
    ded, Nov 27, 2007
  10. brenda

    TJ Guest

    "ded" <> wrote in news:fihfon$nv4$:

    > "brenda" <
    >> wrote in message news:XAF2j.33705$...

    >>I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >>
    >> What can I do technically with this item.

    > Dear Brenda,
    > As you can see from the replies and your question betraying
    > your lack of an understanding for a device you purchased
    > I doubt the following info will be of any use to you,

    It won't.

    Brenda's headers state;
    which IIRC indicates either Windows XP (SP1?) or Win2000

    In any case, that's an outdated version of OE.

    <snip>

    > All acadamic if you don't have Vista.

    She doesn't. Which is why I snipped it.

    She *does* need to make a trip to the Windows update site though. That is,
    unless she's figured out a way to make an outdated version of OE run on
    Vista. But if that were the case, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have to ask
    what she could use her flash drive for. :)
    TJ, Nov 27, 2007
  11. brenda

    Plato Guest

    brenda wrote:

    > I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >
    > What can I do technically with this item.

    Use it to backup your most important files to. Heck, they did the same
    on the orginal Star Trek in the 60s. You can do the same now.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 28, 2007
  12. brenda

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:59:51 GMT, "brenda" <> wrote:

    >I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >
    >What can I do technically with this item.

    You can store up to 8GB of data, unless you bought it through eBay
    in which case you can store up to 2 GB of data.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    I do not represent atheists or atheism
    Barry OGrady, Dec 3, 2007
  13. brenda

    Barry OGrady Guest

    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting

    >"brenda" <> wrote in message
    >:I have bought a 8gb flash memory to go into my usb port on my laptop.
    >:
    >: What can I do technically with this item.
    >:
    >:
    >:
    >

    >--