    Visit my homepage: http://www.angelfire.com/pe/aaronthegreat
    "I weigh about 140 pounds, naked. I mean, if that scale at the train station
    is anything to go by." -Emo Phillips

    AMSNYD, Sep 11, 2004

  2. AMSNYD

    SRT Guest

    "AMSNYD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Will this film be rereleased on dvd, preferrably as a special edition? I

    love
    > this film (talking about the 1980 version).
    > Thanks,
    > Aaron
    > --
    > Aaron Snyder
    > or
    > Visit my homepage: http://www.angelfire.com/pe/aaronthegreat
    > "I weigh about 140 pounds, naked. I mean, if that scale at the train

    station
    > is anything to go by." -Emo Phillips

    It has been, at least for several years now. I got it on R2 a couple of
    years ago, and I think it is available on R1 now.

    srt

    SRT, Sep 11, 2004

  3. AMSNYD

    jayembee Guest

    (AMSNYD) wrote:

    > Will this film be rereleased on dvd, preferrably as a
    > special edition? I love this film (talking about the
    > 1980 version).

    I'm sure it will eventually. So far, Universal has managed
    to reissue (or announced for reissue within the next few
    months) about 75% of the titles that had been previously
    licensed to Image. There's no reason to expect that FLASH
    GORDON will not be reissued along with, but Universal
    hasn't announced it yet.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Sep 11, 2004
  4. "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > (AMSNYD) wrote:
    >
    > > Will this film be rereleased on dvd, preferrably as a
    > > special edition? I love this film (talking about the
    > > 1980 version).

    > I'm sure it will eventually. So far, Universal has managed
    > to reissue (or announced for reissue within the next few
    > months) about 75% of the titles that had been previously
    > licensed to Image. There's no reason to expect that FLASH
    > GORDON will not be reissued along with, but Universal
    > hasn't announced it yet.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    I sure hope Universal keeps releasing the previous Image catalog. I was
    lucky enough to get the 3 Mae West DVDs that Image released a few years
    ago:

    Belle of the Nineties

    I'm No Angel

    Klondike Annie

    As far as I know, they never got around to releasing _She Done Him
    Wrong_.

    _Klondike Annie_ is nothing to write home about, but the pre-code _I'm
    No Angel_ (Mae West's best film, in my opinion) and _Belle of the
    Nineties_ (featuring the Duke Ellington orchestra) should be re-mastered
    and re-issued as soon as possible.

    One-Shot Scot, Sep 12, 2004
  5. AMSNYD

    John Savard Guest

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:49:30 GMT, "SRT" <> wrote,
    in part:

    >It has been, at least for several years now. I got it on R2 a couple of
    >years ago, and I think it is available on R1 now.

    Yes, there was an R1 version, and I managed to find one.

    John Savard

    John Savard, Sep 13, 2004
  6. AMSNYD

    AMSNYD Guest

    << Subject: Re: Flash Gordon?
    From: (jayembee)
    Date: SatThurSep 5112020042004 5:50 PM

    (AMSNYD) wrote:

    > Will this film be rereleased on dvd, preferrably as a
    > special edition? I love this film (talking about the
    > 1980 version).

    I'm sure it will eventually. So far, Universal has managed
    to reissue (or announced for reissue within the next few
    months) about 75% of the titles that had been previously
    licensed to Image. There's no reason to expect that FLASH
    GORDON will not be reissued along with, but Universal
    hasn't announced it yet. >><BR><BR>

    I passed on the early release of the dvd because there were no extras and I had
    the laserdisc so I was hoping maybe for a special edition dvd. A movie and
    visually rich as this one deserves special treatment. It's one of my
    favourites.
    --
    Aaron Snyder
    or

    AMSNYD, Sep 16, 2004
  7. AMSNYD wrote:
    > I passed on the early release of the dvd because there were no extras
    > and I had the laserdisc so I was hoping maybe for a special edition
    > dvd. A movie and visually rich as this one deserves special
    > treatment. It's one of my favourites.

    For some odd reason I just realized that I own "Flash Gordon" on LD. :)

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    TNAImpact.com Admin

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Sep 16, 2004