    Thanks

    Assad Afzal
    , Aug 15, 2006

  2. writes:

    > I have a SB26 Nikon Flash, which does not meter correctly with my
    > D70.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way I can get this to work

    Do not use the TTL mode (it will not work with the D70, as you've
    noticed). Use the non-TTL auto mode (A) and it should meter
    correctly.
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
    Gisle Hannemyr, Aug 15, 2006

  3. Danne Guest

    "Gisle Hannemyr" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > writes:
    >
    >> I have a SB26 Nikon Flash, which does not meter correctly with my
    >> D70.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a way I can get this to work

    > Do not use the TTL mode (it will not work with the D70, as you've
    > noticed). Use the non-TTL auto mode (A) and it should meter
    > correctly.
    > --
    > - gisle hannemyr [ gisle{at}hannemyr.no -
    > http://hannemyr.com/photo/ ]
    > Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

    Hello

    Are you sure about this ?
    I have a Metz 54-mz3 used on my F80/N80. I have tried this falsh on a
    D70 but the D70 will not even tage a picture, the nothing happens when
    you taka a pricture. Turning off the Flash the D70 work again.

    Danne
    Danne, Aug 15, 2006
  4. "Danne" <> writes:
    > "Gisle Hannemyr" <> wrote:
    >> writes:

    >>> I have a SB26 Nikon Flash, which does not meter correctly with my
    >>> D70.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know of a way I can get this to work

    >> Do not use the TTL mode (it will not work with the D70, as you've
    >> noticed). Use the non-TTL auto mode (A) and it should meter
    >> correctly.

    > Are you sure about this ?

    Yes. Also refer to Nikon Europe's compatibility map for SB26,
    reproduced here:
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonf4/flash/SB26/index.htm

    > I have a Metz 54-mz3 used on my F80/N80. I have tried this flash on
    > a D70 but the D70 will not even tage a picture, the nothing happens
    > when you taka a picture. Turning off the Flash the D70 work again.

    Metz is not a Nikon flash.

    But if you really want to use the Metz on your D70, buy a hotshoe to
    PC-adapter like this one:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D100-D70-...o-PC-sync_W0QQitemZ110020762568QQcmdZViewItem

    and use it to connect the flash to the camera.
    (example only - I haven't used this actual model).

    Or you can just put insulating tape over the "extra" TTL control
    pins in the D70's hot-shoe.
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
    Gisle Hannemyr, Aug 15, 2006
  5. Danne Guest

    > "Danne" <> writes:
    >> "Gisle Hannemyr" <> wrote:
    >>> writes:

    --- CUT ---

    >> I have a Metz 54-mz3 used on my F80/N80. I have tried this flash on
    >> a D70 but the D70 will not even tage a picture, the nothing happens
    >> when you taka a picture. Turning off the Flash the D70 work again.

    > Metz is not a Nikon flash.
    >
    > But if you really want to use the Metz on your D70, buy a hotshoe to
    > PC-adapter like this one:
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D100-D70-...o-PC-sync_W0QQitemZ110020762568QQcmdZViewItem
    >
    > and use it to connect the flash to the camera.
    > (example only - I haven't used this actual model).
    >
    > Or you can just put insulating tape over the "extra" TTL control
    > pins in the D70's hot-shoe.
    > --
    > - gisle hannemyr [ gisle{at}hannemyr.no -
    > http://hannemyr.com/photo/ ]
    > Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

    True, Metz is not Nikon but I thought they vere similar in auto mode,
    abvious not.
    Thanks for the links and tips !!

    Danne
    Danne, Aug 16, 2006
  6. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a SB26 Nikon Flash, which does not meter correctly with my D70.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way I can get this to work or know of any non
    > Nikon alternatives out there that may be suitable. I am considering the
    > sigma 500 DG, but have not come across anyone who has used this with
    > the D70.

    Why a non-Nikon alternative? Personally I would consider the SB600 or SB800,
    depending upon your needs. Nikon is considered to have an excellent flash
    system.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 16, 2006
  7. "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <> wrote in message news:mQKEg.1191$...
    > wrote:

    >> I have a SB26 Nikon Flash, which does not meter correctly with my D70.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a way I can get this to work or know of any non
    >> Nikon alternatives out there that may be suitable. I am considering the
    >> sigma 500 DG, but have not come across anyone who has used this with
    >> the D70.

    > Why a non-Nikon alternative? Personally I would consider the SB600 or SB800,
    > depending upon your needs. Nikon is considered to have an excellent flash
    > system.

    Yes - and the SB-26 can be used in "auto" mode just fine
    (some may argue that "A" often works better than all but very
    fancy TTL systems anyway...).
    --
    David Ruether

    http://www.ferrario.com/ruether