    The 580ex is too much, both in features and price, for me.

    TIA

    Gadi

    Gadi Ben-Avi, May 1, 2006

  2. On Mon, 1 May 2006 11:40:44 +0200, "Gadi Ben-Avi" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am looking for a flash for my 20D.
    >
    >I'm leaning towards the 430ex.
    >
    >What other options should I consider?
    >
    >The 580ex is too much, both in features and price, for me.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Gadi

    I've got the 430ex on my 5D and it does a great job.

    --

    Scott in Florida

    Scott in Florida, May 1, 2006

  3. Gadi Ben-Avi

    Guest

    Gadi Ben-Avi wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a flash for my 20D.
    >
    > I'm leaning towards the 430ex.
    >
    > What other options should I consider?

    I've got the Sigma EF 500 DG Super for my Digital Rebel, and I'm quite
    happy with it. It's the only flash I've ever used, though, so I don't
    have a lot to compare it against. I know that the Canon flashes feel
    much more sturdy - I was also considering the 430ex and 580ex. I ended
    up with the Sigma because it gave me (roughly) the features of the
    580ex for the price of the 430ex.

    Curiously, the employees of my local camera shop, who are normally
    fairly knowledgable, seemed to have no idea that Sigma manufactured
    flashes. They have a large stock of Sigma lenses, but were surprised to
    find the flash listed in their computer when I asked about it.

    - Darryl

    , May 1, 2006
  4. "Gadi Ben-Avi" <> writes:

    > I am looking for a flash for my 20D.
    > I'm leaning towards the 430ex.
    > What other options should I consider?
    > The 580ex is too much, both in features and price, for me.

    This question comes up so often that I've created a web-page
    outlining the options available: Here it is:
    http://hannemyr.com/photo/flash.html

    If you want a quick answer, my recommendation would be to get
    a generic auto flash such as the Sunpak 383 Super. More power,
    and more reliable exposure contral than the Canon 430EX - at about
    one third of the price.
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

    Gisle Hannemyr, May 1, 2006