    clicking it and changing the properties but the take no action option does
    not work. And when I right click and press Explore it always wants to know
    what type of program I want to open it.
    don, Mar 5, 2010

  2. don

    Jordon Guest

    don wrote:
    > When trying to view the contents of my Flash Drive from My Computer it
    > always ask me what type of program I want to use to open the
    > file........... why isn't my flash drive behaving like a normal external
    > harddrive and just open up so I can see whats on it? I have tried right
    > clicking it and changing the properties but the take no action option does
    > not work. And when I right click and press Explore it always wants to know
    > what type of program I want to open it.

    What you've written is confusing. You say...

    "it always ask me what type of program I want to use to open
    the file"

    And then you say...

    "why isn't my flash drive behaving like a normal external
    harddrive and just open up so I can see whats on it?"

    So are you trying to see what's on the drive and can't or
    are you trying to open the files on the drive and can't?

    If you can see the files but can't open them, what type
    of files are they?

    --
    Jordon
    Jordon, Mar 5, 2010

  3. don

    don Guest

    "Jordon" <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > don wrote:
    >> When trying to view the contents of my Flash Drive from My Computer it
    >> always ask me what type of program I want to use to open the
    >> file

    > "why isn't my flash drive behaving like a normal external
    > harddrive and just open up so I can see whats on it?"
    >
    > So are you trying to see what's on the drive and can't or
    > are you trying to open the files on the drive and can't?
    >
    > If you can see the files but can't open them, what type
    > of files are they?
    >
    > --
    > Jordon

    Sorry, I'm just trying to view the contents of this drive using My
    Computer.......... I"ve tried right click, Open, Explore, etc.
    It keeps asking me what program I want to use to open the file......... this
    is a Corsair FLash Voyager 32 Gig
    don, Mar 6, 2010
  4. On 3/6/2010 2:07 AM, don wrote:
    > When trying to view the contents of my Flash Drive from My Computer it
    > always ask me what type of program I want to use to open the
    > file........... why isn't my flash drive behaving like a normal external
    > harddrive and just open up so I can see whats on it? I have tried right
    > clicking it and changing the properties but the take no action option does
    > not work. And when I right click and press Explore it always wants to know
    > what type of program I want to open it.

    use internet explorer.
    once open save data elsewhere try formatin it

    it should be ok
    Keshav Sharma, Mar 17, 2010