    drive, not just the link. My kids need this for some kind of school
    project. If you can help me out , I would be glad to hear from you.
    thanks in advance -J

    jinxy, Mar 28, 2008

  2. jinxy

    olfart Guest

    "jinxy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I am trying to find out how to save an entire website to a flash
    > drive, not just the link. My kids need this for some kind of school
    > project. If you can help me out , I would be glad to hear from you.
    > thanks in advance -J

    Check out http://www.httrack.com
    Website copier works great and it's free
    You will probably have to d/l the website to your HD and then copy the
    resulting file over to the flash drive

    olfart, Mar 28, 2008

  3. jinxy

    Wilson Guest

    sometime in the recent past jinxy posted this:
    > Hi, I am trying to find out how to save an entire website to a flash
    > drive, not just the link. My kids need this for some kind of school
    > project. If you can help me out , I would be glad to hear from you.
    > thanks in advance -J

    Consider Firefox for a browser and saving the whole site is the
    default option.

    --
    Wilson N45 W67

    Wilson, Mar 29, 2008
  4. jinxy

    Guest

    On 28 Mar, 22:09, jinxy <> wrote:
    > Hi, I am trying to find out how to save an entire website to a flash
    > drive, not just the link. My kids need this for some kind of school
    > project. If you can help me out , I would be glad to hear from you.
    > thanks in advance -J

    These programs are called Offline Browsers.

    This freeware website lists 2
    WebReaper
    HTTrack

    You can do file...saveas within your web browser, and choose Website.
    That will do the main page, and pictures. But it will not follow links
    and store them on "the drive/disk". Those programs WebReaper and
    HTTrack will do it though. I haven`t tried them, but they are probably
    very good.

    If it is a specific website then somebody else e.g. me, could try to
    download it, and then email you a link to the zip file. And you can
    put it on your flash drive.

    If you want to go ahead with that, but don`t wnat to post the name of
    the website on the newsgroup, then email me. But post here that you
    emailed me, and the subject. So I can find the email.

    , Mar 31, 2008