    something to do with what the computer does to the flash drive when you
    execute the safe removal, maybe similar to finalising a cd. any one can help
    me please?
    Warren Thai, Oct 17, 2006

  2. Warren Thai

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Warren Thai" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I was using my flashdrive at uni and the hardware safe removal function was
    > disabled leaving my to just pulling the flash drive out. unfortunately for
    > me (and my week of bad luck) when i plugged my flash drive into another
    > computer, it tells me i have to format the disk (which i havent done yet).
    > anyone know how to fix this problem? i really dont want to format my
    > flashdrive as it contains many items of use to me. I suspect it has
    > something to do with what the computer does to the flash drive when you
    > execute the safe removal, maybe similar to finalising a cd. any one can
    > help
    > me please?

    Did you try plugging it back into the first computer and see if that one
    will let you get the info off it you need?
    Moderation is for monks."

    [Lazarus Long]
    Alex Clayton, Oct 17, 2006

  3. Warren Thai

    Bob Guest

    Warren Thai wrote:
    > I was using my flashdrive at uni and the hardware safe removal function was
    > disabled leaving my to just pulling the flash drive out.

    I do that quite often without problem. Watch the led cycle on/off and
    always pull it during a off cycle - never while it's on.

    Bob
    Bob, Oct 19, 2006