    It came with firmware version 1.1

    thanks for any advice
    Erin Cox-Holmes

    Erin Cox-Holmes, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Erin Cox-Holmes

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Erin Cox-Holmes wrote:

    > I had a kodak DC290 which finally died, and took Kodak up on their
    > offer for a trade for a remanufactured DX6340 at a reduced price. I've
    > just unpacked the camera, and the flash seems to be DOA. I cannot get
    > one either in fill flash or auto flash mode, even in a dark room or
    > any other option. Is there some setting I'm missing? Any fix beyond
    > sending the blinking thing back again?
    >
    > It came with firmware version 1.1
    >
    > thanks for any advice
    > Erin Cox-Holmes

    It is possible to turn off the flash on that camera, but changing the
    position of the mode dial, or powering off the camera will reset the
    setting to 'on'. Check back with Kodak customer service....

    Ron Hunter, Apr 4, 2004

  3. Erin Cox-Holmes

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Erin,

    Sorry to hear that the upgrade did not work out of the box. That is a rare
    experience.

    Of course, my first question is do you have full power and is the camera
    acting normally. If have not charged the camera fully it could be a
    problem. Although, you should be able to use all functions right away. In
    your case, there must be something else going on. I would give us a call
    and have the camera exchanged. It should work just fine out of the box.
    What kind of batteries were included? Did the camera fire without the
    flash? or will it not fire at all? Does the camera work outside in sun or
    daylight.

    Let me know and I will help you get your camera exchanged.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Apr 6, 2004