flash crashes ie on vista

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jon doglegs, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. jon doglegs

    jon doglegs Guest

    hello,

    i have had this problem for a while now.

    i am running a newish pc since may 2007 with ms vista home premium, using ie
    to surf and browse, usually.

    trouble is i get frequent crashes, for want of a better term ..
    ie closes itself and reopens at a blank page and flags up flash9.ocx as the
    culprit.
    other times it just .. closes without warning ..

    i have, of course, lost all my tabs and works in progress ..

    i can disable flash but then most plages insist on flash for 95% of
    everything so i am kind of stuck without it?

    its wrong that flash has become so pervasive, but hey ..

    and it seems i cant delete it anyway, it wont let me ..internet options/
    view objects wont let me touch it.
    ie's new tools option to enable/disable tools can do only that and i cant
    delete it from there, the option is greyed out?

    what can i do, its giving me hard times ..i never know when its going to
    happen next ..

    thanks :S

    aj
    jon doglegs, Sep 17, 2007

  2. jon doglegs

    who'sthat Guest

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:33:01 GMT, "jon doglegs" <>
    wrote:

    >hello,
    >
    >i have had this problem for a while now.
    >
    >i am running a newish pc since may 2007 with ms vista home premium, using ie
    >to surf and browse, usually.
    >
    >trouble is i get frequent crashes, for want of a better term ..
    >ie closes itself and reopens at a blank page and flags up flash9.ocx as the
    >culprit.
    >other times it just .. closes without warning ..
    >
    >i have, of course, lost all my tabs and works in progress ..
    >
    >i can disable flash but then most plages insist on flash for 95% of
    >everything so i am kind of stuck without it?
    >
    >its wrong that flash has become so pervasive, but hey ..
    >
    >and it seems i cant delete it anyway, it wont let me ..internet options/
    >view objects wont let me touch it.
    >ie's new tools option to enable/disable tools can do only that and i cant
    >delete it from there, the option is greyed out?
    >
    >what can i do, its giving me hard times ..i never know when its going to
    >happen next ..
    >
    >thanks :S
    >
    >aj

    What did you find when you typed flash9.ocx in Google?
    who'sthat, Sep 17, 2007

  3. jon doglegs

    jon doglegs Guest

    "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:33:01 GMT, "jon doglegs" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>hello,
    >>
    >>i have had this problem for a while now.
    >>
    >>i am running a newish pc since may 2007 with ms vista home premium, using
    >>ie
    >>to surf and browse, usually.
    >>
    >>trouble is i get frequent crashes, for want of a better term ..
    >>ie closes itself and reopens at a blank page and flags up flash9.ocx as
    >>the
    >>culprit.
    >>other times it just .. closes without warning ..
    >>
    >>i have, of course, lost all my tabs and works in progress ..
    >>
    >>i can disable flash but then most plages insist on flash for 95% of
    >>everything so i am kind of stuck without it?
    >>
    >>its wrong that flash has become so pervasive, but hey ..
    >>
    >>and it seems i cant delete it anyway, it wont let me ..internet options/
    >>view objects wont let me touch it.
    >>ie's new tools option to enable/disable tools can do only that and i cant
    >>delete it from there, the option is greyed out?
    >>
    >>what can i do, its giving me hard times ..i never know when its going to
    >>happen next ..
    >>
    >>thanks :S
    >>
    >>aj
    >>

    > What did you find when you typed flash9.ocx in Google?

    ... i found .. a lot of despair :'(

    some site (filehippo?) had a pre releach beta flash 9, so i am trying that
    now to see how goes :-S

    thanks
    jon doglegs, Sep 17, 2007
  4. jon doglegs

    jon doglegs Guest

    "jon doglegs" <> wrote in message

    > "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:33:01 GMT, "jon doglegs" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>hello,
    >>>
    >>>i have had this problem for a while now.
    >>>
    >>>i am running a newish pc since may 2007 with ms vista home premium, using
    >>>ie
    >>>to surf and browse, usually.
    >>>
    >>>trouble is i get frequent crashes, for want of a better term ..
    >>>ie closes itself and reopens at a blank page and flags up flash9.ocx as
    >>>the
    >>>culprit.
    >>>other times it just .. closes without warning ..
    >>>
    >>>i have, of course, lost all my tabs and works in progress ..
    >>>
    >>>i can disable flash but then most plages insist on flash for 95% of
    >>>everything so i am kind of stuck without it?
    >>>
    >>>its wrong that flash has become so pervasive, but hey ..
    >>>
    >>>and it seems i cant delete it anyway, it wont let me ..internet options/
    >>>view objects wont let me touch it.
    >>>ie's new tools option to enable/disable tools can do only that and i cant
    >>>delete it from there, the option is greyed out?
    >>>
    >>>what can i do, its giving me hard times ..i never know when its going to
    >>>happen next ..
    >>>
    >>>thanks :S
    >>>
    >>>aj
    >>>

    >> What did you find when you typed flash9.ocx in Google?

    > ... i found .. a lot of despair :'(
    >
    > some site (filehippo?) had a pre releach beta flash 9, so i am trying
    > that
    > now to see how goes :-S
    >
    > thanks

    .. pffft ... still same crap ....