    thanks,
    anthony

    , Dec 20, 2004

  2. Guest

    , Dec 20, 2004

  3. Todd H. Guest

    writes:

    > i want to be able to leave a flash card in my car all day every day.
    > does anyone know just how hot it has to be to damage the card? does
    > heat damage the card or the data?
    > any anecdotes to share? theory?

    Flash memory is typically spec'd for operation from -40C to 85C. Top
    end there is 185F.

    The more worthy worry is about the battery in your camera.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Dec 20, 2004
  4. Guest

    Todd H. wrote:
    > Flash memory is typically spec'd for operation from -40C to 85C. Top
    > end there is 185F.

    then it sounds like the card will pull through just fine. ive never had
    any problems with batteries, so i assume my car doesnt get hot enough
    to damage them

    thanks for the help,
    anthony

    , Dec 21, 2004
  5. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > Todd H. wrote:
    >
    >>Flash memory is typically spec'd for operation from -40C to 85C. Top
    >>end there is 185F.

    > then it sounds like the card will pull through just fine. ive never had
    > any problems with batteries, so i assume my car doesnt get hot enough
    > to damage them
    >
    > thanks for the help,
    > anthony

    Temps inside a closed car in the sun can top 160 very quickly in the
    southwestern US. Removing the camera, flash cards and batteries is a
    very good idea under these conditions.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 21, 2004