    --
    Thanks in advance

    Remove the XXX to reply
    Click, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Click

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Click wrote:

    > Am I correct in assuming that every digital camera which can record at
    > different resolution allows you to record images of different resolutions
    > on the same card? If so, if you delete some smaller pictures to take make
    > room for a larger one are the images stored in a fragmented style like on a
    > hard drive?

    Yes.. You can save images of all the resolutions the camera is capable of on a
    single card. You can even mix in movies if the camera is capable of recording
    them.

    Yes, deleting causes fragmentation, but this isn't an issue.

    A hard drive has a head that has to be physically moved about a large platter
    to access the data. Fragmentation causes exessive movement of the heads and
    as a result, longer seek and write times.

    CF cards are solid state. No moving parts.
    Jim Townsend, Aug 9, 2003