Flash card more expensive than a DSLR

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jorge Alvarez, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Jorge Alvarez, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Jorge Alvarez

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Jorge Alvarez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ron Hunter, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Jorge Alvarez

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Not if you can afford a Canon 1Ds (> $7500 without lens).
    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Jorge Alvarez

    MarkH Guest

    MarkH, Aug 5, 2003
  6. Jorge Alvarez

    Infocus Guest

    Exactly - Why put all your eggs in one basket. I carry a few 256 cards,
    that's all.

    Infocus, Aug 5, 2003
  7. Jorge Alvarez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    MarkH wrote:
    > "Jorge Alvarez" <> wrote in news:bgolv5$r7omb$1@ID-
    > 116944.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >

    >>http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03080402lexar4gbship.asp
    >>
    >>Enjoy,
    >>
    >>-Jorge

    > I think that I’d rather buy 4 x 1GB CF cards and spend the difference on a
    > flash or put it towards a good lens.

    True, for now, but the price difference might not be significant by the
    end of the year. Amazing what competition can do to pricing.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 6, 2003
  8. Jorge Alvarez

    HRosita Guest

    >"Infocus" wrote:

    >Exactly - Why put all your eggs in one basket. I carry a few 256 cards,
    >that's all.

    Hi,
    It really depends on the type of shooting you do and what camera you have.

    If you shoot 5-6 MP in RAW or TIFF format, 256 MB does not give you a lot of
    pictures per card and some people don't like to stop shooting just to swap
    cards.
    I remember how agravating it was to take film out and insert a new roll in the
    middle of action shooting.

    Not much has been said on this newsgroup but I imagine that for underwater
    phtography digital must be heaven. With a high capacity card you can shoot
    until the batteries go dead and some of the proprietary batteries last a long
    time.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 6, 2003
  9. Jorge Alvarez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    HRosita wrote:
    >>"Infocus" wrote:

    >>Exactly - Why put all your eggs in one basket. I carry a few 256 cards,
    >>that's all.

    > Hi,
    > It really depends on the type of shooting you do and what camera you have.
    >
    > If you shoot 5-6 MP in RAW or TIFF format, 256 MB does not give you a lot of
    > pictures per card and some people don't like to stop shooting just to swap
    > cards.
    > I remember how agravating it was to take film out and insert a new roll in the
    > middle of action shooting.
    >
    > Not much has been said on this newsgroup but I imagine that for underwater
    > phtography digital must be heaven. With a high capacity card you can shoot
    > until the batteries go dead and some of the proprietary batteries last a long
    > time.
    > Rosita

    Now there is an application where changing batteries or cards is a real
    imposition.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 6, 2003