Flash/bracket

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by WebKatz, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. WebKatz

    WebKatz Guest

    I tried some shots with my 5050 on a Stroboframe bracket with a

    283/hotshoe slave on top. I got some nice results shooting aperture

    priority at f8, setting the on-camera flash to 1 and bouncing the 283

    (set in the blue mode).

    The whole thing, however, is way too much overkill for the little

    5050, particularly if I want to travel with it. I did some looking

    today at the Stratos Mini Flash Bracket with a Sunpak Digital Flash on

    top. No bounce, but with a GN of 52, I think I can put a diffuser on

    it and get pretty decent results.

    Anybody had any experience with this type of set up on a digicam? ?

    What kind of diffuser would you put on the flash? I'm thinking kind of

    a reverse note card rig with a 3x5 piece of roscolux taped at 45

    degrees in front of the flash head.

    Any recommendations for accessories similar to the Stratos Mini Flash

    Bracket or the Sunpak Digital Flash?

    TIA,

    Dave

    WebKatz, Aug 16, 2003