    I tried the site with IE6 and it worked fine, but I can't get the flash
    player to work with Firefox.

    Any suggestions?
    Chuck, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Chuck

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/11/2004 01:45 PM, Chuck wrote:
    > I visited a site that required me to install Flash player. Even after
    > installing it as directed ( clearly noting it was installing to Mozilla
    > 9.1 ), I can't get it to work. The newly opened window stays blank.
    >
    > I tried the site with IE6 and it worked fine, but I can't get the flash
    > player to work with Firefox.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Did you use the FF installer, or the zipped version.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    .BRIAN., Jul 11, 2004

  3. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    > > I visited a site that required me to install Flash player. Even after
    > > installing it as directed ( clearly noting it was installing to Mozilla
    > > 9.1 ), I can't get it to work. The newly opened window stays blank.
    > >
    > > I tried the site with IE6 and it worked fine, but I can't get the flash
    > > player to work with Firefox.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?
    > >

    > Did you use the FF installer, or the zipped version.

    I assume I used the FF installer. It downloaded Flash 7 to my download
    directory and I just double clicked from there. It asked me if I wanted to
    install Flash to my mozilla browser.

    Even after restarting both the browser and the entire system, I still get a
    blank page. I checked the site with IE6 and it worked fine. I can't get
    the flash to work in Firefox. BTW, I just upgraded to .9.2 after my initial
    post.
    Chuck, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Chuck

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 11/Jul/04 18:45, Chuck said the following:

    > I visited a site that required me to install Flash player. Even after
    > installing it as directed ( clearly noting it was installing to Mozilla
    > 9.1 ), I can't get it to work. The newly opened window stays blank.
    >
    > I tried the site with IE6 and it worked fine, but I can't get the flash
    > player to work with Firefox.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    I also get this on the odd site, although most work fine.

    Firefox 0.9.2

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."
    Pun Krocker, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Chuck wrote:
    > I visited a site that required me to install Flash player. Even after
    > installing it as directed ( clearly noting it was installing to Mozilla
    > 9.1 ), I can't get it to work. The newly opened window stays blank.
    >
    > I tried the site with IE6 and it worked fine, but I can't get the flash
    > player to work with Firefox.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    When you type about:plugins in the adres bar, is it listed there?
    Maybe you can find a solution here: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/

    Nick
    --
    Nick's Auditorium: http://users.pandora.be/nicks_auditorium
    History of and technical information on movie sound systems.
    Nick de Graeve, Jul 12, 2004