    Two conditions must be met simultaneously in Vista x64 so that you can view
    flash videos/animations.
    1.- Use of the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer
    2.- Installation of 32-bit Flash plug-ing for IE (go to www.adobe.com and
    download it)
    After that you should be ready for YouTube.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 28, 2009

  2. Why can't I view YouTube and other Flash software when using Vista 64?
    Hasn't the 64 bit software been around long enough to merit support?
    Chucky Chease, Jan 29, 2009

  3. Carlos

    Guest

    On Jan 28, 3:56 pm, Carlos <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Two conditions must be met simultaneously in Vista x64 so that you can view
    > flash videos/animations.
    > 1.- Use of the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer
    > 2.- Installation of 32-bit Flash plug-ing for IE (go towww.adobe.comand
    > download it)
    > After that you should be ready for YouTube.
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Chucky Chease" wrote:
    > > Why can't I view YouTube and other Flash software when using Vista 64?
    > > Hasn't the 64 bit software been around long enough to merit support?

    I can watch youtube without a problem, but once in a while I get flash
    that I can't view under X64, either with 32 bit firefox or 32 bit
    IE7. Personally, I find most flash in webpages utterly useless.
    Flash will be the death of the internet.

    It found flash on a military website a few years ago before flash
    really got out of hand. I exchanged email with the webmaster. I said
    flash is proprietary and should not be on government websites. She
    said the plug in is free. However, I countered the software to create
    flash isn't free. If anyone is using opensource software, it should be
    the government. They should not be using a proprietary standard.

    OK, now I feel better.....
    , Jan 29, 2009
  4. Carlos

    Bartok Guest

    Once we get a 64 bit Flash.. won't we be ablt to view YouTube from 64 bit
    IE?

    Bartok, Feb 5, 2009
  5. Carlos

    Dave Guest

    yes, but how much longer before Flash 64 arrives. Don't hold your breath.

    Dave, Feb 8, 2009