    started a bit last night.

    I tried rebooting, unplugging everything, swapping the ADSL
    filter. And it still has just randomly gone on and off.
    Flake E. Connect, Sep 9, 2010

  2. On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 23:13:43 -0700, Flake E. Connect
    <> wrote:

    >Has anybody else been having reliability problems with their
    >Telecom broadband today? Particularily in Wellington?
    >
    >For me, it has been randomly going on and off all day, and
    >started a bit last night.
    >
    >I tried rebooting, unplugging everything, swapping the ADSL
    >filter. And it still has just randomly gone on and off.

    Hmm ... spiteful response to today's Government announcement, perhaps?
    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Sep 9, 2010

  3. Flake E. Connect

    Richard Guest

    On 9/09/2010 11:43 p.m., Collector_NZ wrote:
    > On 9/09/2010 6:13 p.m., Flake E. Connect wrote:
    >> Has anybody else been having reliability problems with their
    >> Telecom broadband today? Particularily in Wellington?
    >>
    >> For me, it has been randomly going on and off all day, and
    >> started a bit last night.
    >>
    >> I tried rebooting, unplugging everything, swapping the ADSL
    >> filter. And it still has just randomly gone on and off.

    > I am sorry you mention Telecom and Flaky in the same post like it wasn't
    > normal :)

    Actually, telecom seem to deliver one of the most reliable adsl
    services, with minimal to no peak time slowdown, no random spoofing of
    connection reset by peer and other proxy trickery to try to reduce the
    usability of the connection, no proxy that starts to hang connections
    half open and never close them etc.

    If they didnt force the obsolete landline and were only $1 per gig, I
    would change in an instant (well a month or two really)
    Richard, Sep 10, 2010
  4. Flake E. Connect

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-09-10, Richard <> wrote:
    > On 9/09/2010 11:43 p.m., Collector_NZ wrote:
    >> On 9/09/2010 6:13 p.m., Flake E. Connect wrote:
    >>> Has anybody else been having reliability problems with their
    >>> Telecom broadband today? Particularily in Wellington?
    >>>
    >>> For me, it has been randomly going on and off all day, and
    >>> started a bit last night.
    >>>
    >>> I tried rebooting, unplugging everything, swapping the ADSL
    >>> filter. And it still has just randomly gone on and off.

    >> I am sorry you mention Telecom and Flaky in the same post like it wasn't
    >> normal :)

    > Actually, telecom seem to deliver one of the most reliable adsl
    > services, with minimal to no peak time slowdown, no random spoofing of
    > connection reset by peer and other proxy trickery to try to reduce the
    > usability of the connection, no proxy that starts to hang connections
    > half open and never close them etc.
    >
    > If they didnt force the obsolete landline and were only $1 per gig, I
    > would change in an instant (well a month or two really)

    Okay, thanks for the spin. Now for something Monty Python.

    Anyone noticed the new series of ads in which Chorus, wants to ream ones
    wallet?

    Are they not Telecom is spin clothing?
    Gordon, Sep 11, 2010