    recognized. Is there a built in command line tool that can help scan
    the xp registry and fix any errors?
    ==============

    oasisbhrnw99, Sep 13, 2004

  2. oasisbhrnw99

    Tony Guest

    last Known Good Configuration is the same thing as scanreg /fix. It restores the previous registry.

    Tony

    Tony, Sep 13, 2004

  3. "oasisbhrnw99" <-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:4145e768$...
    > I know there is a command for 9x systems called "scanreg" that can
    > help fix the registry, but I tried it with xp and it wasn't
    > recognized. Is there a built in command line tool that can help

    scan
    > the xp registry and fix any errors?
    > ==============
    > For this group's frequently asked questions, check out

    www.CertFAQ.com

    my personal choice would be:

    del c:\windows\system.*

    registries are for fascists. use it at your own risk.
    --
    Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill

    Solomon Kozanski, Sep 21, 2004
  4. "Tony" < > wrote in message
    > last Known Good Configuration is the same thing as scanreg /fix. It

    restores the previous registry.

    no such animal. you're using a wintendo box, ergo "good configuration"
    is a misnomer
    --
    Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill

    Solomon Kozanski, Sep 21, 2004