    but until the computer clicks it does not display what I have typed on the
    screen...

    Cal...

    CBrown7281, Feb 5, 2004

  2. CBrown7281

    Unk Guest

    Maybe some help here: See #15. I notice a slower boot time, or delays /
    Blackouts or Time-outs while waiting for webpages to load.

    Carrick Solutions
    http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.php#15

    Unk, Feb 5, 2004

  3. CBrown7281

    CBrown7281 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >From: Unk
    >Date: 2/5/04 1:39 PM Central Standard Time

    >Maybe some help here: See #15. I notice a slower boot time, or delays /
    >Blackouts or Time-outs while waiting for webpages to load.
    >
    >Carrick Solutions
    >http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.php#15

    The problem happens even when I am off line...
    It effects computer games from discs, and replaying downloads from e-mail...
    oddly enough it doesn't happen while typing posts to newsgroups, but it does
    whem typing in my passwords when signing on...
    Cal...

    CBrown7281, Feb 5, 2004
  4. CBrown7281

    Boomer Guest

    Unk, <> wrote:

    > Maybe some help here: See #15. I notice a slower boot time, or
    > delays / Blackouts or Time-outs while waiting for webpages to
    > load.
    >
    > Carrick Solutions
    > http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.php#15

    I can use that one.

    Thanks, Unk. :)

    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  5. CBrown7281

    Unk Guest

    Glad to help. :)

    Unk, Feb 5, 2004
  6. CBrown7281

    Unk Guest

    The fix still applies even off line. You may have the Ethernet adapter still
    set to DHCP, while your ISP has shut off it's DHCP service. If so, you will
    not be served an address, and the OS will have to wait until the lookup
    times out. Setting your Ethernet adapter to a non-routable IP address stop
    it from periodically checking for an address.

    More resources:
    http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/#LongHangs
    http://www.dslreports.com/

    Unk, Feb 5, 2004
  7. CBrown7281

    CBrown7281 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >From: Unk
    >Date: 2/5/04 2:11 PM Central Standard Time

    >Glad to help. :)
    >
    >On 05 Feb 2004 20:03:26 GMT,

    Thanks Unk.not...

    Cal...

    CBrown7281, Feb 5, 2004
  8. CBrown7281

    CBrown7281 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >From: Unk
    >Date: 2/5/04 2:17 PM Central Standard Time

    I'm sorry to trouble you again, but how do I find network neibourhood? on 98
    Cal...

    CBrown7281, Feb 5, 2004
  9. CBrown7281

    Unk Guest

    On 05 Feb 2004 20:23:50 GMT, oUcare (CBrown7281) wrote:

    >>Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >>From: Unk
    >>Date: 2/5/04 2:11 PM Central Standard Time

    >>Glad to help. :)
    >>
    >>On 05 Feb 2004 20:03:26 GMT,

    > Thanks Unk.not...
    >
    > Cal...

    You can'r read or follow directions and it's MY fault?
    **** off and fix it by yourself.

    Unk, Feb 5, 2004
  10. CBrown7281

    CBrown7281 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >From: Unk
    >Date: 2/5/04 2:37 PM Central Standard Time

    Hey, I made a mistake when I posted my reply...

    I ment no disrespect to you when,

    I wrote, "Thanks Unk.not"
    I merely misread your name...

    >From: Unk

    I use the first part, which reads,

    >From: Unk not

    I honestly apologize...

    Cal...

    CBrown7281, Feb 5, 2004
  11. CBrown7281

    Unk Guest

    On 05 Feb 2004 20:54:16 GMT, oUcare (CBrown7281) wrote:

    >>Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >>From: Unk
    >>Date: 2/5/04 2:37 PM Central Standard Time

    > Hey, I made a mistake when I posted my reply...
    >

    > I ment no disrespect to you when,
    >
    > I wrote, "Thanks Unk.not"
    > I merely misread your name...
    >
    >>From: Unk

    > I use the first part, which reads,
    >
    > >From: Unk not

    > I honestly apologize...
    >
    > Cal...

    "Unk.not(@aol.com)"....

    I understand. My mistake reading it. I aploogize to YOU.

    Unk, Feb 5, 2004
  12. CBrown7281

    CBrown7281 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >From: Unk
    >Date: 2/5/04 3:04 PM Central Standard Time

    are you still willing to walk me through this alittle?

    Cal...

    CBrown7281, Feb 5, 2004
  13. CBrown7281

    Unk Guest

    On 05 Feb 2004 21:27:57 GMT, oUcare (CBrown7281) wrote:

    >>Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >>From: Unk
    >>Date: 2/5/04 3:04 PM Central Standard Time

    >are you still willing to walk me through this alittle?
    >
    > Cal...

    Carrick Solutions has the step-by-step instructions for your OS.
    http://www.carricksolutions.com/pppoe.php#15

    If "My Network places" is missing from your Desktop, use TweakUI to restore
    it.

    Tweakui Version 1.33.0.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/winme/Install/1.0/WinMe/EN-US/Tweakui.exe
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
    http://msie.conactive.com/files/powertoys/tweakui.zip

    Microsost TweakUI specifically for Windows XP
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    Windows XP: 3rd Party
    http://www.tweakxp.com/tweakxp/performance_tweaks.asp
    http://www.totalidea.de/frameset-tweakxp.htm

    Unk, Feb 5, 2004
  14. CBrown7281

    CBrown7281 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >From: Unk
    >Date: 2/5/04 3:36 PM Central Standard Time

    Thanks again,Unk...

    Cal...

    CBrown7281, Feb 5, 2004
  15. CBrown7281

    Unk Guest

    On 05 Feb 2004 23:15:54 GMT, oUcare (CBrown7281) wrote:

    >>Subject: Re: Fixing computer hanging
    >>From: Unk
    >>Date: 2/5/04 3:36 PM Central Standard Time

    > Thanks again,Unk...
    >
    > Cal...

    You're welcome. Did it solve the pausing?

    Unk, Feb 5, 2004