fix: sansa scandisk m230 , files won't show in XP in MTP or MSC

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pumpkingilmour@hotmail.com, Nov 5, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Here is the way to fix this:

    I suspect that many people who reformat their XP with a copy version
    of XP will experience this problem with their sansa sandisk MP3 player
    m230 or other model:

    The files on the mp3 player are no longer showing, and you cannot see
    them in WINXP explorer when you click on the sandisk icon in MY
    COMPUTER.
    Switching USB mode to MTP or MSC does not work either.

    The problem is that the XP drivers for newer Sansa players are
    located in Windows Media Player, so if you reformatted with an older
    version of XP,
    say even 2 or three years old, you are installing the OLD version of
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, which means that XP does not have the drivers
    necessary to read your MP3 players files properly UNTIL YOU UPRGRADE
    WINDOWS media player to the newer version , ( I suggest WINDOWS MEDIA
    PLAYER 11 to be sure you have the latest MP3 player drivers included)
    I am probably saving a lot of people some time by posting this, as
    this took me a bit of tinkering around to finally solve .

    , Nov 5, 2007

  2. Swampfox Guest

    Re: sansa scandisk m230 , files won't show in XP in MTP or MSC

    <> wrote in message
    > Here is the way to fix this:
    >
    > I suspect that many people who reformat their XP
    > with a copy version
    > of XP will experience this problem with their sansa
    > sandisk MP3 player
    > m230 or other model:
    >
    > The files on the mp3 player are no longer showing,
    > and you cannot see
    > them in WINXP explorer when you click on the sandisk
    > icon in MY
    > COMPUTER.
    > Switching USB mode to MTP or MSC does not work
    > either.
    >
    > The problem is that the XP drivers for newer Sansa
    > players are
    > located in Windows Media Player, so if you
    > reformatted with an older
    > version of XP,
    > say even 2 or three years old, you are installing
    > the OLD version of
    > WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, which means that XP does not
    > have the drivers
    > necessary to read your MP3 players files properly
    > UNTIL YOU UPRGRADE
    > WINDOWS media player to the newer version , ( I
    > suggest WINDOWS MEDIA
    > PLAYER 11 to be sure you have the latest MP3 player
    > drivers included)
    > I am probably saving a lot of people some time by
    > posting this, as
    > this took me a bit of tinkering around to finally
    > solve .

    Mine works fine without WMP.
    WMP is a piece of shit.

    Swampfox, Nov 6, 2007