    Turbo1010 Guest

    My E-300 has 2 broken pins where the CF card goes. Is it worth fixing, or
    should I just buy an E-1 or E-500?? Any suggestions are appreciated . . . .

    Turbo1010, Nov 2, 2006

  2. Turbo1010

    Alan Meyer Guest

    Turbo1010 wrote:
    > My E-300 has 2 broken pins where the CF card goes. Is it worth fixing, or
    > should I just buy an E-1 or E-500?? Any suggestions are appreciated . . . .

    Unfortunately, it's very hard to get a price quote over the phone.
    The repair shops want you to send in the camera so they can
    look at it - which costs you time and money even if you decide
    not to get the repair.

    However, I would still try calling some shops to find out if they'll
    give you a ball park price - maybe a range of prices. Offer to email
    them photos (assuming you have another camera to use for it)
    of the broken pin problem.

    Then at least you'll have some basis to compare the costs of
    fix vs. buy new.

    As for the benefits of buying new, you can get a little better
    camera today than what you've got, but not much better. You'll
    improve your photography way more by studying and practicing
    how to make good photos than you will by buying a new camera.

    To make better photos, you could pay $50 for a one or two
    good photography books, study them, and get far better results
    than you would by paying $1,000 for a new camera. Unless
    the cost of a repair is outrageous (and it could be), your bang
    for buck ratio will be much higher with a repair than a new
    camera.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Turbo1010

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Turbo1010 wrote:
    > My E-300 has 2 broken pins where the CF card goes. Is it worth fixing, or
    > should I just buy an E-1 or E-500?? Any suggestions are appreciated . . . .

    Your best bet is the Olympus repair dept.

    Dan Sullivan, Nov 3, 2006