    3.0 but really like to get what I shoot in the first place. I hope Oly
    knows about this and does something in a fireware upgrade.

    Thanks.
    RK, Jun 2, 2005

  2. RK

    Ryadia@Home Guest

    RK wrote:
    > I find that greens photographed by my Oly E-300 have a very slight
    > magenta cast. Otherwise, all other colors seem very accurate.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience with this, and tips on what to do? Any
    > in-camera adjustments that would help? I can generally fix up with PE
    > 3.0 but really like to get what I shoot in the first place. I hope Oly
    > knows about this and does something in a fireware upgrade.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You might find the camera has nothing to do with the colour cast.
    Shift to magenta is often caused by doubling up on printer drivers.

    --
    Douglas...
    It's traditional, painter's use it, Rembrandt used it.
    Ryadia@Home, Jun 2, 2005

  3. RK

    Stacey Guest

    RK wrote:

    > I find that greens photographed by my Oly E-300 have a very slight
    > magenta cast. Otherwise, all other colors seem very accurate.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience with this, and tips on what to do? Any
    > in-camera adjustments that would help?

    What WB setting are you using? Using auto WB is asking for issues like this.

    Best to shoot RAW and deal with any WB issues in developing the RAW file
    anyway.

    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Jun 3, 2005
  4. RK

    Ron Guest

    Thanks for that advice. I've tried WB shifts and still have some
    problems, but perhaps I have to fine tune that a bit more. Yes, I do
    tend to keep it on auto. I have made adjustments in post processing, but
    there are many situations in which I don't want to shoot raw. If my
    other cameras do accurate greens I would hope this one would as well I
    guess. So, I'll take your advice on WB and practice till I get it right.

    Ron, Jun 3, 2005
  5. RK

    Stacey Guest

    Ron wrote:

    > Thanks for that advice. I've tried WB shifts and still have some
    > problems, but perhaps I have to fine tune that a bit more. Yes, I do
    > tend to keep it on auto. I have made adjustments in post processing, but
    > there are many situations in which I don't want to shoot raw. If my
    > other cameras do accurate greens I would hope this one would as well I
    > guess. So, I'll take your advice on WB and practice till I get it right.

    I've found shooting in daylight (or flash indoors), just use the 5300K
    preset (not auto) and it's going to be -real- close.. The auto WB on this
    camera isn't the greatest, they should have used an external sensor like
    they did on the E1..

    BTW which firmware are you using? 1.2 was supposed to address -some- of
    those issues. I'd still use the 5300K preset for most outdoor shooting.

    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Jun 3, 2005
  6. RK

    RK Guest

    Thanks. I have the 1.2 firmware and perhaps it is a tad better, but
    will go out today and do some testing at the 5300 setting. Frankly,
    while I really like the camera and am getting some stunning results
    (including with my old Pentax K lenses), I've found the exposure system
    and accuracy a bit strange, particularly compared to my 5060 and even
    560, both of which I often find more reliable.
    RK, Jun 3, 2005
  7. RK

    Stacey Guest

    RK wrote:

    > Thanks. I have the 1.2 firmware and perhaps it is a tad better, but
    > will go out today and do some testing at the 5300 setting. Frankly,
    > while I really like the camera and am getting some stunning results
    > (including with my old Pentax K lenses), I've found the exposure system
    > and accuracy a bit strange, particularly compared to my 5060 and even
    > 560, both of which I often find more reliable.

    Yea I'm not real impressed with the exposure system, especially the ESP
    metering, I use either center or spot for most shots.
    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Jun 4, 2005